Background template

Monday, July 21, 2014

(Both) house updates

I know a lot of you lost sleep over the weekend wondering what the latest news was with our moving situation (and life in general), so I'm here to catch you up to speed.

Everything is moving right along with closing on the new house, which is scheduled for one week from tomorrow. The sellers actually just bought the house last year, so our realtor was able to find last year's listing, which just so happened to include a virtual tour, so you should definitely go check it out.

I know- the music was really moving, right? Also, if you took the time to watch the tour, then you are now welcome to submit any suggestions you might have for that front room (labeled the "living room"). Our current stage of life doesn't really lend itself to having a formal living room, so we'd like to make that space functional (read: play area for the twins) without it looking like, well, a play area for the twins. Thoughts? Pinterest inspirations? Please share.

As far as our current house goes, it went on the market last Thursday. If you are not a creepy stalker, feel free to check out the listing here (and pass it along to your friends interested in living in the thriving metropolis of Richmond!). We've had 3 showings so far, but no offers yet.

I spent the better portion of the weekend obsessing about the possibility of it NEVER selling and us having to pay two mortgages FOREVER, eventually causing us to live in a van down by the river. It's funny, because the way I'm doubting and worrying and allowing this to consume my thoughts makes it seem like I've never faced an unknown situation from which God delivered me in the past… but I have two 22-pound humans living in the house that would suggest otherwise ;)

Anyway, I was right about the fact that living in a constant "show-ready" state with messy little toddlers is difficult, but it really hasn't been as bad as I thought. The real problem, however, is that I've convinced myself that packing up boxes would make too much of a mess and be too hard to put away for showings, so we have essentially done no packing so far. And we move in 11 days. Oops. The good news is that we still have the second half of season 2 of Nashville to assist with our procrastination efforts.

So that's what we have going on. And now I have a completely unrelated picture comparison to share with you all. Brian actually posted this on Instagram the other day, but since I doubt most of you follow him (@bwjoiner, in case you're interested), I'm resharing:

That would be Colby on the right and an ultrasound pic of one of the twins, which we are clearly assuming is Colby at 11 weeks into the pregnancy on the left. What do you think?

10 comments:

the blogivers said...

I am really impressed you haven't been packing - I think it shows that you are a normal human (while I am not). Here's hoping you'll get an offer ASAP and the filling the house with boxes can begin!

Brittnie said...

I will totally come help you pack. Or, we can take the twins for a few hours so you can get some packing done. Which is most helpful? Not kidding!!

And leave it up to Brandon to try and get a pregnancy rumor started on Instagram. He is so hilarious. :)

Erika said...

I dutifully watched the new house video tour AND looked at your current house listing. I must say, both are fabulous! My favorite part about the new house is...well, everything. But probably the fact that they have the water running in the sink, like HEY, THIS HOUSE HAS INDOOR PLUMBING AND RUNNING WATER!!! But seriously, the kitchen! The backyard! Those exposed beams in the main living spaces!!! Everything is awesome!

Christina Spinella said...

While I don't really have any ideas for the new playroom, did anyone else find it creepy that they showed the bathtub filling up with water like someone was about to get in it??

LittleMissCupcake said...

I love your new house, but I also loved your "old" one too! In the new house, that round window in the m-bedroom closet is cool. And, not every master bedroom gets it's own secret passageway. I'm assuming that will transport you to magical places... ;)

Brittany Sciba said...

I love love love the new house!!! I'm sure your current house will sell quickly, but if not, could you rent it out and make a little profit for a while? I will be brainstorming on the playroom idea! :)

Brenda said...

Loved the virtual tour! That master closet is amazing and the kitchen is marvelous. Pinterest is majorly lacking in the "fancy playroom" department, but I'll keep an eye out if I see anything Joiner-worthy. Your current home is beautiful too, so I'm sure it will sell super fast. It's only been on the market for like 5 minutes, so don't fret. And 11 days is plenty of time to pack an entire household. Turn it into a competitive challenge and you'll be done in no time. Winner gets ice cream while the other person unpacks each room.

Abby said...

Both houses are great, but I can see why you put in an offer on the spot for the new one! I really loved the drama of the video- the running kitchen sink with the dramatic slow pan across and the working tub. I think I'm still giggling about that! Hope your house sells quick!

Merrie said...

That's so exciting -- LOVE both houses! Makes me sorry we live in California where that kind of house goes for about 3x as much. :p I'll send up a prayer for a good offer on your current house and good luck with the move! (Nashville is a great way to procrastinate - LOVE that show!)

Natasha said...

I'm a little behind on blog reading as you can tell so I'm hoping by the time I'm caught up, you've had some good news about your house! And I hope you have some good twin free times to pack this weekend!!! Unless you've already got that done too and I haven't read that far yet :)