We're headed to Colorado this week to escape
Other than packing, we filled the rest of our weekend with the following:
- Spent Friday evening catching Clara's barf. She woke up from her nap on Friday afternoon and vomited all over her crib while I was changing Colby's diaper (and home alone, mind you). She threw up off and on for the next 4+ hours until she finally emptied her stomach and passed out around 8:30 pm.
Both of the twins have runny noses and coughs at the moment, so we think the drainage might have been what caused it rather than a stomach bug, but who knows. Relatedly, we used no fewer than 8,000 boogie wipes/tissues throughout the weekend and were once again reminded that one of our primary purposes in life is now to serve as human Kleenexes.
- Visited the neighborhood pool. It was cloudy and not very crowded, so despite how exhausting it is to chase two toddlers around the pool, it was a pretty ideal set-up.
In case you didn't already see on Instagram, Clara wore pigtails for the first time on Friday and now her Mommy can't stop giving them to her :)
Colby and Daddy playing at the splash pad…
Meanwhile, Mommy got to supervise Clara while she played with empty fruit squeeze pouches on a dingy pool chair.
- Made a long overdue visit to see my grandparents. They were gracious enough to feed us lunch and let the twins take over their house!
- Made an offer on a(nother) house! A new one popped up on har.com yesterday morning, and based on how things went with the last offer, we knew we needed to act quickly. We scheduled a showing for yesterday afternoon and signed an offer before we left the house. We haven't heard anything back yet, so keep your fingers crossed for us!
- Finished watching Resurrection and started watching Nashville on Hulu Plus. We made it through more than half a dozen episodes and I think that's actually pretty impressive considering how many of our waking hours are spent being dictated by little people. I'm already hooked on both, although it's hard for me to watch Connie Britton as anyone other than Coach Taylor's wife on Friday Night Lights.
So that was our weekend. And this picture was actually taken on Thursday, but I thought it was amusing enough to share. Just enjoying reading the circulars with Daddy...