Background template

Monday, June 23, 2014

Currently

So we took a little trip to Dallas this past weekend for a wedding, and while the rational thing for me to do would be to post a recap today, I knew realistically that I wouldn't be able to get the pictures uploaded and properly captioned in time, so you're going to get this instead (thanks to inspiration from Erika). And you're going to like it.

Currently, I am...

Listening… to local channels go in and out on TV while Brian attempts to find the perfect reception spot with the new antenna. He made the executive (and somewhat shocking) decision that we should get rid of cable, and being that I watch approximately zero TV these days besides the occasional episode of Dateline, I didn't object. 

Eating nothing at this exact moment, but I just shoved several handfuls of pretzel M&Ms in my mouth a few minutes ago.

Drinking water, because I'm boring awesome and that's all I ever drink.

Wearing the maxi dress that Allison gave me for my birthday last year. You can see pics of it here.

Feeling tired. Newsflash: traveling with two toddlers is a lot of work.

Weather… warm and humid, aka: the same answer I'd give 95% of the year.

Wanting… to take a week off from work (and life in general). Good thing we are headed to Colorado next week! 

Needing… to stop eating so much junk food. We convinced my dad to start using My Fitness Pal this weekend, so maybe I will join him and get back into the habit of logging my food in hopes of shaming myself into cutting back on the candy consumption. 

Thinking… about how much fun it will be to go to jury duty on Tuesday. If only the judicial system knew how unapologetically opinionated I was, perhaps they wouldn't waste their time (or mine) even inviting me.

Enjoying… the twins' current age/phase! Don't get me wrong, I could do without the tantrums and inability to still for longer than 4 seconds, but I am having so much fun getting to know their little personalities and I'm excited to play with them every morning when we get them up and after we get home from work.

6 comments:

the blogivers said...

I'm glad you are enjoying this age/phase after I have declared to you a handful of times how much I did NOT enjoy that phase with Davis :) Can Avery come live with you guys when she is 12-18 months old?

Erika said...

Oooooh Colorado?!? That sounds amazing!! We'll be headed even further South and closer to the coast...just looking for an even hotter and more humid experience, what can I say? Have fun at jury duty!!!

Brittnie said...

Can we tag along to Colorado?? Need a vacation asap. :)

Brittany Sciba said...

I somehow missed that you are going to Colorado!! Fun! Are you all going?! Also, ditto on traveling with two toddlers (or in my case a baby and a 3 year old) is a lot of work. I feel like I need a vacation from our vacation! I am glad you are enjoying this age!!

Hoags and Kisses said...

Don't get rid of cable and candy the same week... enjoy those pretzel M&Ms to your heart's content :) Looking forward to pictures from your Dallas weekend; we always had so much fun up there. And Colorado should be beautiful right now. I want a vacation! So jealous!

Natasha said...

I love the 12-18 month old stage! I'm glad you're getting to enjoy it. Except for the traveling part, of course :)