Background template

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sharing

Growing up, I shared everything with my sister- from the womb, to our bedroom, and everything in between. Along with the shared belongings came shared experiences and shared emotions, and although we don't live together anymore, that continues to be the case today.

This has meant that we share in each other's joys, but unfortunately, this also means we share in each other's sorrows, which is why my heart broke into pieces when she told me yesterday about the passing of their sweet pup, Rocky. Pesky puppy habits aside, I loved that little guy almost as much as I love my own two dogs, and I can say confidently that Brian loved him even more than I did. (You can check out the post about the time he and Tucker stayed with us for a week here.)

We will miss that sweet Rocky bear and wish that we could be nearby Allison and Wade to help lift their spirits. Instead, we will pray for peace as they adjust to life without him and ask that you would do the same!

Anyway, sorry for the Debbie Downer moment. As many of you know all too well, it is just tough to lose a pet, and tough to see people you love hurting!

But moving along, speaking of things I share with that sister of mine:

- Don't forget that today is the last day to enter our double baby blanket giveaway- we'll be announcing the winner tomorrow!
- Today is the first day of May, which means today is officially the start of our birthday month (and Brian's, too)- hooray!

And that's all I've got. Be sure to hug your furry friends and other loved ones tightly today!

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Thanks for loving Rocky as your own, even when he most definitely was not acting worthy of it!

Erika said...

Happy birthday month!!! And even though I didn't share a womb with Allison...I am SO SAD about Rocky. :( Pets should never be allowed to die. It's too much.

Brittnie said...

So sad about little Rocky. :(

May is a fantastic Bday month! Clara will be TWO tomorrow. #whatintheworld?

Brittany Sciba said...

You are so lucky to have each other during hard times like this. I'm so sad about Rocky!

Aubrey said...

I'm so sorry about Rocky.... You and your sister are lucky to have each other and share in all of the ups and downs of life!

Natasha said...

I'm so sorry about Rockey. And I hope you will find ways to share this with Allison even though you are far away from each other.

And Happy Birthday Month! May is a GREAT birthday month :)

Natasha said...

*Rocky. Blah typos.