Background template

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Just keeping you in the know

Just a few random tidbits that I feel compelled to share with you all:

1. Brian and I both took the "which tv mom would you be most like?" and "which tv dad are you?" quizzes and amusingly enough, he got Cliff Huxtable and I got Clair Huxtable from The Cosby Show. Glad to know our parenting styles are (a) compatible and (b) relatively wholesome. Also glad we didn't end up getting Roseanne and Dan Barr from Roseanne!

2. In case you haven't heard, the first eastern Pacific hurricane of the season has arrived and they named it 'Amanda!' As you might have seen me mention on Facebook, I was pretty proud that it was the strongest May hurricane on record. A record-setting hurricane named after me that occurred during my birthday month? Now that can't be a coincidence.

Clearly my SIL was just as impressed, because I received an e-mail yesterday from her entitled "Hurricane Amanda" and with the following picture attached:

Amazing, right? Glad to know that I was still sporting earrings while wreaking havoc in the ocean. Keeping it classy!

3. In case I haven't mentioned it (several times already) (because I really love birthdays) (sorry I'm not sorry), Allison and I are going to be celebrating our golden birthday on Saturday- 31 on the 31st! In honor of that, allow me to share a picture of us before our 5th birthday party at McDonald's:

It was not actually January, but it was 1988. Can you guess which one is which?


10 comments:

the blogivers said...

1. That is pretty amusing! Maybe I will make Wade take those quizzes with me later.

2. Shannon's picture is awesome, and it's even more awesome that it shows up as the little thumbnail pic in blog reader for this post!

3. I guess I'm not allowed to make any guesses...?

Anonymous said...

Peekie on the right

Anonymous said...

Peekie on the right.. Amanda on the left

Erika said...

High five for being an awesome hurricane! That picture is super awesome!! And...I've been staring at the 5th birthday picture for awhile. I'm going to go with you on the left, Allison on the right? I'm glad yall were rocking the hairbows-as-big-as-your-head trend back in '88!!

Katie Jeanne said...

Those pictures are too funny! I love the hair bows :) Have a great day!

Aubrey said...

I say you on the left and Allison on the right. Also, how funny that when we were growing up, McD's was 'the place' for birthday parties?!

Leah said...

I'm guessing Allison left and Hurricane Amanda right.

LOVE the hurricane Amanda pic. :)

YAY for birthdays!

Brittany Sciba said...

I love the Hurricane Amanda picture! Ha! Also, Allison is on the right. :)

Brittnie said...

Guessing Allison on rt, you on left?

Happy 31st a day early!! Excited to celebrate tonight!

Natasha said...

I took the quiz and got Carol from "The Brady Bunch." This line proves that the test is not 100% accurate though: "You are the epitome of the flawless mom." Ha ha ha!!!

Often as a mom I am "Hurricane Natasha!"