Background template

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Life lately, as dictated by my iPhone

Believe it or not, there are actually some pictures I take with my phone that don't end up on facebook or Instagram. And here's proof:

When Clara was first born, we often referred to her as "Ducky" because she was constantly making a duck face with her lips. She has since dropped that habit, but in its place, she tends to hold items together with her lips, still resembling a duck bill. Behold her approach to eating a cracker at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago:


In the summer of 2012, my parents moved out of their house and as a result, unloaded several boxes of my childhood belongings (read: junk) at my house. Not surprisingly, one of those boxes was full of stuffed animals, so I went through it and decided to keep some for future children and give the rest away.

Brian, however, jokingly rescued 2 of the stuffed cats from the giveaway pile and insisted that Baby Dinosaur wanted to keep them as pets since we didn't have a real cat to play with. They were promptly named "Mittens" and "Scruffles" and became permanent residents in our home, despite my wishes otherwise.

When the twins were born, we occasionally tried to get them to play with "Scruffs and Mitts," but they never took much interest. At some point, Scruffs ended up in Colby's crib, and from there, a friendship flourished.

It is not uncommon for us to look into the monitor at nap time now and see Colby flailing Scruffs in the air or clapping his arms together, and even though I didn't use to be Scruffs's biggest fan, I changed my tune once I realized how much Colby seemed to like him.

So just imagine how much my love for Scruffs grew when we found Colby asleep in his crib like this a couple of weeks ago...


And speaking of pets, I loved this (blurry) action shot of our 4 little ones playing together:


This was Brian after we put the twins to bed the night before their birthday, assembling their Cozy Coupes and tricycles. My parents lovingly pointed out that we better get ready because this is what Christmas Eve will look like at our house for many years to come! Good thing Brian likes that kind of thing ;)


Took the twins to their one-year check-up on Friday and Colby took great interest in the fish tank:


Loved this picture of mine and Clara's shoes together. Why are they on the coffee table, you ask? Because if we leave them on the floor, that gives the twins full permission to use them as chew toys.


And lastly, after we took pictures with the Easter Bunny last weekend, Clara could not take her eyes off of that bunny. She was clapping, giggling, and waving at him while he was taking pictures with other kids. This picture doesn't do her enthusiasm justice, but I do like the fact that you can see the Easter Bunny taking a break to put his face in front of the fan- I don't blame him, it was toasty in there even without having a rabbit suit on!

8 comments:

Brittnie said...

Love Clara's little duck face!

the blogivers said...

I love how excited Clara was about the Easter Bunny, but what do you mean about him having a "rabbit suit" on...?! Also, it really is funny that one of the babies took to those strange stuffed cats. Also, you should post about Noah and Buster soon.

Erika said...

Love the dogs + baby picture!! So cute!!! Also...totally hate the thought of having to put together loads of toys (especially toys x 2!!)...Brian is a brave man.

Amanda said...

Such cuties! I think the last one is my favorite... maybe it's Brian's face that seals it as the winner.

Brittany Sciba said...

I love all of these pictures, but the one with the shoes almost made me cry for some reason!

Jaclyn said...

The dog picture is adorable!

Leah said...

Those pics are AWESOME. Specifically the one of Colby and the cat, Clara w/ the cracker, and the dogs...

Natasha said...

Awww... Colby with the cat is so sweet :) And Clara's enthusiasm for the Easter Bunny is hilarious!!!