Background template

Monday, March 17, 2014

Nothing to do with the baptism or St. Patrick's Day

Contrary to what my lack of posting last week might suggest, I was not, in fact, on any type of Spring Break. In fact, in the world of working parents and daycare, Spring Break is not actually a real thing, so I'm going to choose to believe it doesn't really exist.

We did, however, have a short week as we left for Dallas on Friday for the babies' baptism. As such, any awake time I had last week outside of work and child-rearing was spent packing and preparing for the trip rather than blogging.

We got back yesterday evening, and while I need to give you a recap of our whirlwind of a weekend, it will have to wait until I finish doing laundry :)

In the meantime, enjoy this video we took last week of Colby playing outside in his walker (soundtrack courtesy of Brian):


And yes, we know it's time for the babies to start wearing actual shoes, so no reminders necessary :)

9 comments:

Brittnie said...

He's doing such a great job in the walker! Way to go C! And I'm pretty sure my Clara didn't start wearing shoes until oh maybe 3 months ago so no judgement from me there! :)

the blogivers said...

Hopefully you know when I commented that it was time for the CG to get some shoes that I meant it in an exciting way because he's close to walking, and not because I think you are neglectful parents... even though I do totally think that, obviously.

Courtney Squillante said...

My kids wouldn't wear normal shoes until after they were a year and fully walking- don't let people make you feel bad! :)

Natasha said...

I think Sam got his first pair of shoes when he was fourteen months old as that's when he was wanting to walk outside and his Robeez no longer cut it.

Natasha said...

Also I'm totally going to send my videos to Brian to get him to add some music because That. Was. Hilarious!!!

Jaclyn said...

That video is amazing!

Erika said...

Hahaha that was a surprisingly enjoyable video. The soundtrack was an excellent touch. Also...my mom would never let us run around outside in our socks, so I lived vicariously a little through Colby for a few minutes. It was awesome.

Anna Mary L Walker said...

My husband is a physical therapist and says that we put kids in shoes too soon. They need really soft protection so that their feet don't get cut, but the muscles can strengthen properly before putting real shoes on. Just wanted to let you know you are actually doing well NOT putting them on your twins yet ;)

Brittany Sciba said...

Such a big boy scooting around in his walker!!