Background template

Monday, March 24, 2014

Milk and smocked clothing, you know, the usual

Big weekend at the Joiner house: the babies had their first taste of (cow's) milk! The verdict?




Contrary to what these pictures suggest, they were actually pretty unimpressed. Clara drank a little bit before losing interest. Colby drank a sip or two, looked highly offended, and then threw his sippy cup on the ground. We tried again later that day and again on Sunday with the same results. We'll see how it goes at daycare this week… the teachers are some kind of miracle workers so I won't be surprised if they each down a whole cup full today!

Another first happened this weekend when I made an impulse purchase that made me feel both proud and ashamed all at the same time: I bought a smocked dress for Clara. I'm proud because it is quite possibly the cutest dress that was ever made. I'm ashamed because I paid full price for it and it was not cheap. But I really just couldn't help myself:


I also unknowingly purchased the matching bow that was attached to the hanger, and even though I could have easily gone back to the store to exchange it and get my $10 back, the fact that it matched the dress so perfectly stopped me from even bothering. What has happened to my will power?!

Other than that, we spent most of the weekend playing around the house and yes, you guessed it, preparing for the upcoming birthday party! There was much planning and crafting to do and Brian even got to bust out some power tools and put his wood-working skills to the test. Don't worry- I'll be sure to show you the finished products when all is said and done.


And that's about all I have to report. I'll leave you with this picture of my favorite little nut case and her friend, Pink Ellie:

10 comments:

Brittnie said...

Love the smock dress! Totally worth it :)

Kate said...

The good news about smocking at this age/size is those bishop dresses usually last AT LEAST a full year! We have a 12mo Christmas dress that fit this year and I'm guessing will fit just fine again next year with leggings underneath! Totally justifies the expense!

the blogivers said...

Here's hoping the babies take to milk better than Davis did! And I agree with the above comments - totally justifiable.

Erika said...

Ooooh I can totally see how you got suckered into that dress. LOVE the fun colors!! Not so much the owls, but I can appreciate that you like them. I just like the gray and bright dots! And the bow is perfect. Good purchase!

Abby said...

That dress is adorable! Definitely worth full price. Will it be for the party or for easter? Or will we see her wearing it all the time to get your money's worth? :)

Jenny said...

We ended up slowly introducing cow's milk based on our pediatrician's rec...1/4 cow, 3/4 breast milk then moved to half & half, 3/4 to 1/4 and full milk by their first birthday. It worked out beautifully and their little systems weren't all jacked up by the change. Good luck!!

Brittany Sciba said...

I take full responsibility for the dress, but not the bow. :) However, it is likely that I would have convinced you to get the bow too if I had known about it.

Courtney Squillante said...

I LOOOOVE the dress!!!! I'll buy it from you when you are finished with it! And both my kids HATED milk (and still do!). Hoping yours end up loving it!!

Natasha said...

I want that dress for me! It is so adorable! The colours! The dots! The owls! Love!!!

Leah said...

I'm telling myself that this is one pro to having no girls: boy clothes are never SO cute that I have to have them. ;) Love the dress.