Background template

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Just a few thoughts

- I know I slacked on WYRW yesterday. I think I'm kind of over it, so you may not be seeing that weekly segment anymore. My deepest apologies to those of you that enjoy being forced to arbitrarily decide between two unlikely-to-ever-occur hypothetical situations.My

- If you don't like wasting food, do not have children. Or do have children, but don't plan to feed them. 

- I have decided that the hardest part of being a working mom is that the only awake time I get with my children during weekdays is when we are all at our worst. After a full day of work, I am usually exhausted (and likely a little grumpy). After a full day of daycare, they are usually exhausted (and likely a little grumpy). This is a dangerous combination, usually survived only because of Daddy, the peace-keeping middleman whose patience knows almost no bounds.

- We have decided that this is Clara's theme song (95% of the time):


- Zulily recently sent an e-mail out about its "blow-out" sale. You'd think a company whose target market is moms of young children would choose different wording. 

- My babies turn 1 in 44 days. I don't know how this is possible. Also, party-planning is in full effect. The theme is "the letter 'c,'" so if you have any great ideas to share, please feel free to do so. 

And that is all.

7 comments:

Leah said...

It took me a second to figure out why the letter C was the theme... Haha I am brilliant. Cannot believe that it's almost been a year!!

the blogivers said...

You don't think a giant sale of blow-out diapers would be a hit?

Erika said...

I actually like Allison's idea. I think I would crack up and buy big if Target had a "Blow Out Diaper Sale!!!!" Then I'd be like 'why the heck do I have all these diapers??'...anyway. C idea: crackpipes! Run with that one...

Natasha said...

C Is For Cookie, Chocolate, Cuties, Cummerbunds, Comfortable -- oh, the possibilities...

I know of another blogger (funnily enough, with twins) who did a "Milk and Cookies" theme for their first birthday.

Or you can always go with Erika's suggestion!

Brittany Sciba said...

Love the "C" theme!!! HOW CUTE! So many foods start with c once I started thinking about it! Cookies, cake, chips, chocolate… you know, all the healthy things! A healthier alternative would be cucumber. :) So funny about the "blow out" sale! Ha! I also agree about the food wasting. Grrr. It's still happening and Reid is almost 3!

Aubrey said...

Cutest and most clever bday theme ever! Love it!

Brittnie said...

I'm liking the cookies, cupcakes, candy, cookie dough, chocolate etc theme. I mean I might eat your entire spread if you go this route. . . just saying. Cannot eat enough sugar these days!

Happy almost one year babies!!! Crazy!