I mentioned to someone recently that now that I'm a working mom, I feel like I can never actually get anything done. She very wisely pointed out that I am actually getting quite a bit done- I just have to redefine my definition of productivity. I may not have my Christmas shopping done weeks in advance and I might not have dusted in the past several weeks, BUT the bills are paid and the babies are alive, so I will do my best to be content with that.
Relatedly, I have mentioned it before, but Colby is a terrible napper and it has gotten worse lately. He fights it the second you put him down and if by some miracle we are able to get him to fall asleep, he never sleeps more than 45 minutes. Besides the fact that it's really annoying (er, I mean heartbreaking) to listen to your baby scream for extended periods of time, it is also really frustrating to have zero free time during the day where neither baby is awake.
All of this to say, I haven't had the opportunity to blog as much as I would have liked lately, so I appreciate you not holding random brain dump/catch-up posts like this one against me :)
- We recently made this butternut squash & spinach lasagna roll recipe and I would highly recommend it. Warning: it's not really all that complicated, but in my book, anything that requires an extra recipe for the sauce does not qualify as "quick and easy." And we are idiots and attempted it on a Sunday afternoon when the twins were not feeling well and were both particularly
- And on a less healthy note, please go to Chick Fil A and get a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake as soon as possible. Side note: you know how you always crave CFA on Sundays when it isn't open, usually right after church? Well the church we have been trying out has a Saturday evening service and just so happens to be about 1 mile from the closest CFA. The service also just so happens to end around 6 pm, aka: dinner time. PROBLEM SOLVED.
- Because misery loves company, I feel obligated to share this song with you that Brian found on the internet and sometimes uses to
- And speaking of those babies, they have been doing a lot of sitting lately:
First time sitting in the shopping cart seat
First time sitting in a restaurant high chair
"Waiter, bring me another beer!"
They have also been trying out sippy cups:
And sporting their hoodies, thanks to some (finally) seasonally appropriate cool weather:
And they have been taking great interest in the two furriest members of our family (no, not Brian, although he is pretty hairy, as evidenced by the shot of his stomach below!):
- They have been keeping us busy, but of course, we wouldn't have it any other way:
Exciting week of blog posts ahead: Thanksgiving recap, Would You Rather Wednesday, AND the babies' 8-month post!