Background template

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell, 2013

For very obvious reasons, I could go on forever about what a monumental year 2013 was for us. I was hoping to do a comprehensive post recapping the year and all that it entailed, but when it came down to it, I realized there was no way to adequately put into words how much my world shifted in the last 12 (particularly the most recent 9) months.

So with that, I just want to share two songs that best capture 2013 for me:


"Safe and Sound" by Matthew West

Can't believe you're here now
Tiny dream come true
The answer to a prayer now
I'm so in love with you




"How Deep the Father's Love for Us" by Sarah Sadler

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only son
To make a wretch His treasure



Farewell, 2013- sad to see you go, but very much looking forward to what God has in store for 2014!

5 comments:

Brittnie said...

Such a monumental year for your family for sure! So glad I was a part of it (via blog land and in real life). Excited to see what 2014 holds! Fun seeing you last night too :).

Erika said...

Jealous of your 2013, let's be honest. :) But glad that you got to enjoy it so much!! Great song choices, too!

the blogivers said...

Hooray for the year of the babies! And for 2013 (and 2012) ending on much better notes than 2009ish-2011 did!

Courtney Squillante said...

This is so so sweet!

Brittany Sciba said...

I am so happy that 2013 was the year your dreams came true!! The picture in the OR made me tear up.