Background template

Monday, December 30, 2013

Babies' first Christmas

Oops, I didn't mean to take all of last week off, but I'm thankful that most of you all were blog slacking as well so I don't feel as bad.

The week was a bit of a blur as we fit our quick trip to Austin in the middle of a week of working (for me… Brian took the whole week off because someone didn't lose all of his vacation days during maternity leave!), but it was still a fun and memorable first Christmas for the twins for sure.

Allison already recapped Christmas Eve and Christmas day on her blog, so feel free to check out her post for most of the details. Highlights included plenty of eating, somehow managing to get all 4 children dressed and ready for the Christmas Eve service at their church, and of course, Santa came!





In the family room at church- shocking that the babies didn't want to stay quiet during the service, right?


These two were very interested in Rocky and I think the feeling was mutual





We decided to follow the Olivers' lead with Santa's gift-giving for Colby and Clara: something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read. And because it was their first Christmas and deserves to be over-documented, allow me to break it down for you:

- Something they want: a swing for the front yard and a play mat
- Something they need: an inflatable duck tub for the bath and new sleep sacks
- Something to wear: coordinating striped outfits from Target
- Something to read: Curious George Pat-a-cake and The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?

And just as was the case with Brian's family, they were also spoiled with plenty of other toys, clothes, and gifts from my family, including their new PB "anywhere" chairs:

Colby really has that "huh?!" face nailed down, doesn't he?

Speaking of spoiled, Brian very thoughtfully (and surprisingly) got me these new boots:

Frye Paige Tall Riding Boots in "grey antique" for those that are interested in that kind of thing!

AND my mom surprised me with this pretty new purse:
Michael Kors Jet Set Top-Zip Saffiano in black

I suddenly feel very fashionable, but don't worry, I'm still keeping it real by sporting workout pants and old sorority t-shirts as often as possible.

As Allison mentioned, we failed to get a picture of the babies in their Christmas day outfits, so these iphone shots will have to do:


 Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!

When we got home, I was excited to find the babies' first Christmas ornaments that I had ordered waiting for us in the mailbox:
Made by BlueCreekMemories on etsy

It's hard to believe their first Christmas has already come and gone, but I am already looking forward to next year when they will have a little bit more of a clue about what's going on. Hope your Christmases were equally merry (and chaotic)!

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

Glad we got to be there for their first Christmas and glad we get to see them again today! Although Avery slept like crap last night so I might go to sleep as soon as I get to your house. Can you feed my baby and put her to bed for me, please?

Brittnie said...

I say this over and over but y'all need to have 345 more children because C&C are so stinking CUTE! I seriously cannot handle it!! So glad you all had a nice time. And I love that Santa tradition so might just have to steal that for our girls next Christmas!

See you in a few hours!!!!

Erika said...

You got THE DUCKLING GETS A COOKIE??!?!? Only my fave book ever!! When I come visit, I call dibs on reading it to the twins. Not to brag, but I'm pretty sure I read it the best ever. Also I will be stealing those boots and the purse- thanks!

Brittany Sciba said...

Sounds like the perfect Christmas!! I love the picture of Brian and Colby! SO cute! I also love your boots. See y'all tomorrow!!! :)

Hoags and Kisses said...

Super cute Christmas pics! I am amazed at how much you get done! Midweek Christmas is tricky. I'm glad you still made it to Austin to see Allison! Love your new boots and purse!

Merrie said...

I love it when people are clever with something (like the Santa gift poem), but sad when I don't hear about it soon enough. lol Merry Christmas and it sounds like it was wonderful. :)

Courtney Squillante said...

Love those boots!! I totally want some! And I love your cute kids too ;)

Natasha said...

I love that picture of Brian holding Colby upside down. Why is that such a fun thing to do at this age???