A big thanks to Erika for
giving me an easy blog topic inspiring me to post for the third time this week. In case you missed it, she revived the AOL chain letter surveys from our adolescence, and for obvious reasons (read: lack of another topic), I decided to follow suit.
1. If you had to be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose?
Besides Desperate Housewives of Richmond, Texas, you mean? I'm gonna go with that Make Room for Multiples show on TLC.
2. If you had to be on a TV game show, which one would you choose?
I watch very little TV these days, and haven't watched a TV game show in many moons, except when Brian is channeling his inner 80-year-old and turns on Wheel of Fortune. Um, so I guess I'm just going to go with Price is Right. Is that even still on?
3. If you could have a top-of-the-line, totally tricked out household appliance (just ONE!) for free, what appliance would you choose?
In my current stage of life, I would have to go with a washing machine. We use the crap out of ours right now, and even though it's nice and only a few years old, it would be nice to have a fancier one that didn't mold or make our towels smell like stale toilet water. (Anyone else have this issue with front-loading LG washing machines?!)
4. What company could you be the spokesperson for?
Tostitos. Is that sad?
5. Why did you start blogging?
Because (a) I was unemployed and had just moved here (translation: I had no friends), and (b) Allison did it, and if you haven't noticed, we tend to follow each other's lead :)
6. Would you rather have 10 cats living inside your house or 10 dogs (mixed breeds/sizes)?
Dogs! But it would change my answer to #3... I would definitely go with a top-of-the-line vacuum in that case.
7. Which Disney princess do you most identify with? Or prince. Or villain. Or goofy side-kick.
I cheated and took a "Which Disney Princess Are You?" quiz. It said Belle because I'm "strong, deep, and not a slave to petty superficial things." My primary issue with that result is that I look terrible in yellow...
8. What is your most hated food item?
I think pickles are really disgusting and it seriously amazes me that I'm in the minority for thinking that. I mean, seriously, look at it:
9. Would you rather have a tame lion or a tame panda as a pet?
PANDA all the way. And yes, that's 99% because "panda" rhymes with "Amanda."
10. Did you make up fake identities to use in AOL/Prodigy/CompuServe chatrooms in the 90s?
Yes, ALL the time. My friends and I would make up fake identities and go into chat rooms and basically sabotage the entire conversation. I'm pretty sure we went into a weight loss chat room and declared that we were so overweight that one of us ate our boyfriend. I'm sure that the legit chat room members (a) believed us and (b) really appreciated our sensitivity.
In more disturbing news, we actually met up with 1-2 of the people we met online (usually guys that were our age and went to other high schools in the area). We even invited one of them to our house?! Smart move, high school self.
And no, Erika, I'm afraid I never did meet 'summergirl,' but I definitely baited my high school boyfriend with a fake screen name and a picture of another teenage girl I found online... classy, and not the least bit manipulative.
Bonus tidbit: My AOL screen name was CookieAJN. Favorite food + initials = can't go wrong.
I'm too lazy to come up with my own questions so if you want to participate, then just use Erika's. They're probably more exciting what I would have come up with anyway!