Background template

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Would You Rather Wednesday

I suppose this won't be a shock to anyone, but not a single person selected the public toilet option last week. I guess I majorly overestimated the grossness of shoving coins in your mouth? Let's see if this week's choices are a little more balanced.

Would you rather...

only be allowed to listen to one song every time you ride in the car for the rest of your life

OR

only be allowed to eat the exact same meal for lunch every day for the rest of your life?


Things to consider:
- For option 1, you do have the option of riding in complete silence. But if there is going to be any sound produced (that includes books on tape, for those of you that think you're sneaky), it has to be that one song and only that one song. On repeat. Forever.
- For option 1, feel free to substitute whatever your primary mode of transportation is for "the car." So if you ride your bike or get a ride from your grandmother everywhere you go, the same rule applies. If you ride the bus, then you have to listen to that song on repeat on your iPod. Or walk man if you still have one.
- For option 2, "exact same" means just that. So no, you can't decide the meal will be pizza and switch up the toppings every day.

Bonus points if you vote for one of the options and identify which song or meal you would pick.

10 comments:

the blogivers said...

I definitely vote for the song, because what if I wanted to go out for lunch?! Do I have to bring that exact same meal from home? Terrible.

As for which song, that is tough... maybe "Fix You" by Coldplay, though I suppose that would get depressing eventually.

Brittnie said...

Going with Allison - song all the way! I think I could endure driving in silence way better than eating the same thing day after day after day! I'd jut get my music fix while at home I guess!

Erika said...

Definitely the song. Silence in the car is golden, although normally we listen to NPR...I guess silence or a song on repeat would be better than NO LUNCH VARIETY EVER. That means 1/3 of my remaining life meals would be sad??! NO WAY.

Nikki Miller said...

Not to be a follower but I would also vote for the song... I need meal variety and since most of my lunches are consumed at my desk amongst my fabulous middle schoolers the lunch NEEDS to be good and there needs to be VARIETY!

Amanda said...

Song! Hands down, no contest. I'm actually a big fan of silence in the car. And though I often eat the same/similar lunches during the work week, I don't on the weekends... variety is the spice of life, right?

Mollyanne said...

I despise monotony in my lunches so I'm going with the song too, although I would probably choose silence about 98% of the time. I'm thinking I'd choose something from Jesus Culture or Hillsong United so at least the obnoxious repeating would remind me of Jesus.

Sarah said...

Hey Amanda - Just wanted to see if you're loving the glider from Target! We're looking for a more comfortable one for when we pop out another kid someday and I just can't do PotterBarn for like $1000! We're fairly tall, though, and I was curious as to if yours felt small at all? Is it comfortable to sleep in with a baby (or two!) in your arms?

Shannon said...

I'll pick lunch since I already pretty much have the same thing for lunch every day. I mean, it's one meal out of three a day, or one song out of who knows how many. Also, I just wanted to voice my opinion since it is different from everyone else's :)

Natasha said...

I would actually probably go for the lunch. And it would be (cold) pizza with onions, green peppers and mushrooms and a Coke. I like road trips with music too much to pick one song only and I love pizza too much to mind eating it for lunch everyday!

Allena said...

#1 definitely