So for today, let’s keep it simple with a list of what I am and am not currently loving (thanks, sis, for the suggestion):
- Bath time for the babies—they are really into splashing around at the moment which is much more exciting than their previous reaction of sitting still and looking completely unimpressed.
- Bath time for me—this is quite possibly the only time that I spend relaxing each day. Relatedly, I fell asleep in the bathtub on Saturday night. Perhaps I should try splashing around to keep that from happening again? (You’re welcome for that entertaining visual.)
- The babies are progressively doing a lot more smiling, laughing, and babbling (although I kind of hate that word) and it’s pretty darn cute. It kind of makes me sad to think that one day we won’t get excited over every facial expression or sound they make :o/
- The vacuum cleaner sound on the “Sound Sleeper” app, which we use to (a) help the babies fall asleep if needed and (b) help them calm the bleep down if nothing else is working. Can’t believe what it must have been like in the olden days when they had to use actual vacuums…
- The Costco that just opened up not far from our house, which is both amazing and dangerous. Amazing because the samples are endless and where else can you buy a bag of kettle corn that’s 3 feet tall? Dangerous because I now have a 4-pound bag of trail mix in my desk at work.
- That my sweet friend, Brittany, welcomed her baby girl, Georgia Kate, into the world yesterday! And she totally thought she was having a boy, so somehow that makes the surprise seem even more fun to me.
- Having bad skin, a lumpy stomach, and feeling generally frumpy. Yes, I realize I just birthed two humans 3.5 months ago and I need to cut myself some slack, but that doesn’t make me feel better. I somehow feel less attractive now than I did when I was pregnant?
- Clutter in the house… two times the bottles, baby equipment, etc. is a little more than this neat freak can handle, but I’m coping. I sort of feel like our family/TV room has been turned into an obstacle course.
Did anyone else have a panic attack looking at this? Don't worry, this was when we had pulled out all of the equipment that we were given to inventory it, so most of this stuff isn't normally out. But a good portion of it is... eek.
- Waking up at 5:15 every morning
- Seeing the daycare tuition come out of our bank account each week, although of course the munchkins are well worth it!
So what are you loving/not loving at the moment?