Background template

Monday, June 10, 2013

Post-pregnancy update: Mommy edition #2

A few of you requested that I do another post-pregnancy update on myself after I posted the last one, so I figured 2 months post-baby-delivery was a good time to do so!

How Far Along? Colby and Clara are 9 weeks and 3 days old today.

Size of Baby(ies)?  Colby has grown from 5 pounds, 11 ounces at birth to 10 pounds, 13 ounces. Clara has grown from 5 pounds, 1 ounce at birth to 9 pounds, 13 ounces.

Maternity Clothes? I have officially bid them farewell! In fact, I packed them up and passed them on to Allison (she's pregnant, not just fat or anything). I did hang on to a couple of pairs of maternity pants for work, however, because I don't know that my still-doughy stomach will fit in my regular pants quite the same yet. Good thing it's summer and I wear a lot of dresses!

Weight Loss? Back to pre-pregnancy weight, but as per the above answer, still feeling fluffy in some areas. I have figured out that just because I weigh the same, doesn't mean that everything looks, fits, or feels the same!

Breastfeeding? Yes indeed, and still feeding both at one time. I still much prefer to have someone around to help me with burping, etc., but have gotten into the groove of doing it on my own when I have to. The plan is for me to pump 3 times a day when I go back to work and continue to nurse when they're at home. My first goal was 6 weeks, my next goal is 3 months (almost there!), and then once I throw pumping and going back to work into the mix, the next goal is 6 months, so we'll see how it goes!

Sleep? Praise the Lord, this has gotten much better! We feed them at 7:30 pm and they normally go to sleep by 8:30. We stay up until around 9:30 pm (wild and crazy party animals that we are), and sleep until they wake us up around 2:30 am. Funny thing is that they switch off waking us up, but regardless of which twin it is, it is consistently between 2:15-2:45 am.

We all go back to sleep around 3:30 (or whenever they are finished and back down) and they stay asleep until around 7-7:30 am. We'll have to wake them up earlier in a few weeks when I go back to work, so this schedule will be changing a little.

So to summarize: I usually sleep for 5 hours and then 3-4 hours.

Food Cravings? Still eating a lot but I have toned it down quite a bit. I was so nervous about keeping up a good milk supply at first that I was eating everything in sight. I'm still eating more than normal, but nothing too crazy. And yes, still eating a lot of cookies.

What I Miss About Being Pregnant? Being lazy! Not so much an option now, sadly.

Symptoms? My c-section incision is still a little sore sometimes but I really feel mostly recovered. Also, I am proud to report that I have not cried in TWO weeks! I'm pretty sure I cried at least every other day for the first 6+ weeks, so this is a big accomplishment. Brian is also probably very pleased about this... although I might have replaced irrational sadness with irrational anger at some points so perhaps he's not so pleased? :)

Belly Button? Pretty much back to normal but definitely stretched out.

Best Moment of the Week? Definitely when the babies slept from 8:30 pm-5:30 am! Too bad they haven't repeated it since :o/

And that's a wrap! This is probably the last post-pregnancy mommy post I'll be doing, but don't worry, I'll be sure to keep you all informed if there are any exciting updates in my life, whether you care about them or not :)

6 comments:

the blogivers said...

How odd that both of us mentioned our irrational anger/sadness in a post today... so unusual for us ;)

Anyway, keep up the good work with dem babies!

Verna said...

Glad they're sleeping so well! That's very nice! Great job on breastfeeding! That's awesome!!

Brittany Sciba said...

Way to go on being out of your maternity clothes/back to your prepregnancy weight! And way to go Colby and Clara for being such great sleepers! I want to see them again soon! :)

Erika said...

So mad impressed with your double breastfeeding skillz!! I hope you put that on your resume in the future!!

Brittnie said...

Laughing at Allison's comment! :)

Way to go C&C for upping your sleep skills! Seriously awesome.

And way to go, momma for keeping up with the breastfeeding. It is not easy! And I cannot imagine feeding two at once! So no matter how long you make it, I'd say you have been MORE than successful!

Natasha said...

Way to go on keeping up with the breastfeeding. That is a major accomplishment. There was more than once when I was ready to throw in the towel with one so I can't imagine feeding two.

Also, yay for more sleep. It sounds like they are in a fairly good routine, all things considered.

And I, sadly, still have "fluff" two years post-pregnancy :(