2. The twins have been sleeping much better! We typically do bedtime/feed them around 7:30 (which ends up taking about an hour because I think they must know it's the last meal of the day and therefore they like to have marathon eating sessions) and lately they have only been waking up once (around 1:30 am) between then and 6:30 am. Of course we'll be very excited when there are no regular middle of the night wake-ups, but for now, we'll take it!
3. Clara fell off the couch yesterday while I was changing Colby's diaper. She was ok (thank God), but I have still not recovered. I have discovered that there is no guilt quite like mommy guilt!
4. If #3 didn't seal our fate as parents of the year, we realized at 6 am this morning that at some point between 3-6 am, the monitor to the babies' nursery turned off. Awesome.
5. Thanks to the generosity of several friends and family members, we have yet to (a) make dinner for ourselves or (b) buy diapers during the past 8 weeks. Thanks, everyone!
6. I literally have nothing to talk about that does not involve the babies. In fact, I find myself even forgetting that I'm turning 30 tomorrow, and if you know me and my love for birthdays (particularly my own), you know that's pretty bananas.
(Speaking of bananas, we are way pumped about the new season of Arrested Development. Maybe when the twins are 10 we will have time to watch it.)
7. On that note, before the twins were born, I sincerely believed that I was going to have free time during the day for myself. Don't get me wrong, there are occasions when they are both sleeping or occupied, but usually I have to spend that time doing essential things like eating or getting poop stains out of baby pajamas (I'm looking at you, Colby). (I clarified "baby pajamas" so you wouldn't think I was referring to mine or Brian's pajamas.)
8. The end.