Background template

Friday, April 19, 2013

Post-pregnancy update: Baby edition

Somehow Colby and Clara are already two weeks old! I'd like to blame the fact that time has gone by so quickly on sleep deprivation, but I have a feeling time will continue to fly by with these babies long after the sleepless nights are over.

This picture was taken the day we brought them home from the hospital but I feel like they already look different than this. You'll be seeing these owl onesies on a monthly basis for their monthly updates, by the way, so I hope you like them:


As of yesterday, Colby was weighing 5 pounds, 13 ounces, and Clara was not far behind him at 5 pounds, 8 ounces- they are definitely growing! The pediatrician said that we can stop waking them up for the middle of the night feeding in about a week- hooray!

Right now, pretty much all they do is sleep, get woken up to eat, and then go back to sleep. They are slowly but surely spending a little more time awake each day, however, so I imagine we'll be incorporating a little more "play" time in to their routines before too long.

Even though we all anticipated that Clara would be a little diva, she is really very mellow. We have only heard her cry once (yesterday when she got her heel pricked, which made me cry too!). She is very patient, which is good, because being a twin means you have to wait your turn a lot. I think she looks like (a) a little old woman and (b) a baby duck. Nicknames she has so far: "little lady, "little bit," and "baby girl." Her favorites so far: eating, smiling, sticking her legs out like a mummy, and scoping out her surroundings.


Colby, on the other hand, is a little more fickle. He goes from mellow to angry/upset very quickly (not sure where he got that...), and isn't afraid to let us know when he's not happy. Even though it's pretty easy to figure out what he wants (food, pacifier, or to be burped- homeboy is very gassy), he gets so worked up that he gets in his own way. For example, he will flail his arms and turn his head the opposite direction of the pacifier, making it almost impossible to give it to him, but once he actually gets it, acts like, "Hey, that's all I wanted- why didn't you just give it to me sooner?"

Nicknames he has so far: "little fella," "mister," and "baby guy." His favorites so far: being propped upright, his bear pacifier, and

having his hands in his face/mouth/nose/eyes.


I know it goes without saying, but we really do love these little ones so much already. And even though the thought of them not always being this little admittedly makes me kind of sad, I can't wait to watch them grow and see their personalities develop!

12 comments:

the blogivers said...

Love the little lady and the baby guy! Sounds like Colby has a similar personality to Davis, even though Clara looks more like Davis... are you tired of me comparing them to Davis yet? Better than before I had him and I compared all my friends' babies to Rocky and Tucker...

Brittnie said...

"time will continue to fly by with these babies long after the sleepless nights are over." - FACT!

Yay for only one more week of purposefully waking them up at night!

Erika said...

What if I don't like the owls on those onesies? Can you take different pictures just for me?

Becky said...

What a sweet picture of Clara!! And Colby looks very chill in the other picture haha.

Brittany Sciba said...

Loving the updates!! So glad things are going well! :) Hugs to all of you!

Natasha said...

I've been considering doing Rachel's big girl room in an owl theme thanks to Target FINALLY getting to Canada and inspiring me so keep bringing on the owl onesies!

Also, it only gets better as they get bigger and keep changing.

Bren said...

Love the owl onesies! And I love their sweet expressions... they're totally smiling already! Must be because they know how blessed they are to have you for their mama :) They are adorable! Hooray for only 1 more week of midnight feedings. Time to catch up on sleep!

mom7 said...

They are adorable. Enjoy this newborn stage it won't last long. Oh the smells and sounds of those first few weeks. Priceless.

Gina Manifesta said...

They are so amazing! I am so excited to watch them grow.

kimberly ann said...

SO adorable. =)

Sarah said...

They are beautiful!!

Sarah said...

Just read below and can't believe you only gained 39 pounds with twins! I gained much more than that with ONE! They are so adorable... looking forward to the monthly pics!