Background template

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How is it possible...

...that this Friday, April 5th (as in, TWO days from now), these little babies will be making their debut?



Yes, you read that right, we have a delivery date, and Friday it is! I went to my last perinatologist appointment yesterday and was thankful to receive another good report for both babies from their non-stress tests and biophysical profiles. In the final few minutes of the BPP, the ultrasound technician (Gloria- she's the best!) and I both got a surprise when we realized that Clara had, in fact, flipped over into the head down position.

I was certain that she didn't have room to do so at this point, and it seemed to me that she was more comfortable in a breech position where she didn't have to fight Colby for head space in my pelvis... but apparently I was wrong! I'm sure this will not be the last time that little girl surprises us :)

So the perinatologist came in and asked me when I would be seeing my OB next. I told her I had an appointment scheduled for today (Wednesday), but that his office was in the process of scheduling my delivery date and that I should be hearing back within a few hours. "Oh," she said, "I better go give him a call then!"

A few minutes later, she came back to the exam room and told me that she had my OB on the phone and that he wanted to talk to me. I got on the phone and he said, "So she's head down now, huh? Did you feel her turn?" Funny thing is, I didn't. You would think that in a space that limited, a 5-pound baby doing a 180-degree turn would be noticeable, but I hadn't noticed anything other than the normal wiggling. (Although in hindsight, I did notice a lot more pressure on my bladder/abdomen yesterday morning, but I was blaming her big brother for that one.)

Anyway, he basically left the decision up to me at that point as to whether or not I wanted to move forward with a c-section or attempt to give it a try "the old-fashioned way." As I've told him before, I am not the "birth plan" type and I am not dead set on delivering them any which way, just as long as they came out safely and healthily. In the end, we both agreed that with the concern about her size and the fact that she would be in there the longest of the two waiting to be delivered, a c-section was still probably in everyone's best interest. So that's the route we are planning to go!

Brian and I have instructions to report to the hospital on Friday morning at 9 am, and Colby and Clara should be making their arrival some time before lunch! Thank you for the millionth time for your prayers and support up to this point, and thank you in advance for your prayers as we count down the hours until delivery... stay tuned!

"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds." - Psalm 9:1

20 comments:

Brittnie said...

So excited and thankful you are comfortable with the plan in place! Will be praying, of course, for a safe delivery for you and C&C. I feel honored that you have allowed me to walk beside you in all of this!! So neat to see God's faithfulness after years of prayer. Britt :)

Aubrey said...

Yay, so exciting! I'll be praying for a safe delivery and I can't wait to see pictures of your little miracle babies :)

the blogivers said...

I like that you have "instructions to report to the hospital" - did the message self-destruct after that?

But for real, YAY BABIES! And I'm glad they have grown a lot since their blastocyst days, just for the record.

Catherine said...

Congratulations! The next two days are going to be over before you know it.

Amanda said...

So exciting! Prayers for you and Brian and your sweet little miracles!

Natasha said...

Yay!!! Can't wait to see pictures. Because I'm sure your first priority after giving birth will be updating the blog :)

Becky said...

Ahhh so exciting!!! Will be sending lots of prayers Friday morning for a safe delivery!! :)

Erika said...

Wooo!!! I can't believe those cute little embryos are going to come out as real live humans! On Matt's birthday! So glad you have a date and a plan! Love you! (Are there enough exclamation marks in this comment? I think not!!!!!!!!)

Amanda said...

Whoa!!!! This is soooo exciting!!!!! Praying for you over the next few days!

HoagsandKisses said...

Woo hoo!!! Friday is perfect and that's so exciting they'll be born on Chi Omega's birthday too. I feel like you predicted/planned that a while ago... way to go you super planner! Can't wait to see C&C!

Courtney Squillante said...

So so so exciting!!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of them!!

Sally said...

Awesome!!! Good luck!!

Jason and Jenny said...

Congrats! So excited for you guys! eek!

Mindy Rives said...

Happy dance...happy dance!!!!! So pumped for y'all. Can't wait to see their sweet faces! Prayers for Friday. It will be the BEST day of your life. EVER.

The Cavitts said...

Congrats on your sweet babies! Prayers for a safe and healthy delivery on Friday :)

I have been a blog stalker for months but never comment...I guess I will out myself. I remember you (and your sister, or course) from my last year as an Ozark camper...and came across your blog via Brittany Sciba who I have known since I was 3 years old :) Small world! Anyway, I love reading your blog!

Congrats again!

Auntie Shannon said...

I. CANNOT. WAIT.

But I guess I'll have to. Excited to see all 4 of you on Friday! Hoping until then you're as comfortable as possible!

P.S. It's not too late to name them both Shannon. That wouldn't be confusing at all :)

Brittany Sciba said...

Seeing the embryo pictures makes me tear up! Babies are all such miracles!!! Wow! Can't believe the time has come! :)

Sara said...

So excited for y'all, Amanda!! Can't wait to see pictures of sweet Clara and Colby!! :) Yay!

Merrie said...

We'll be keeping you in prayer from over here and can't wait to see the pictures. Much love and luck to you four -- such an exciting time! God bless!!

Ashley said...

I'll be sure to think of you and the babies when we sing happy birthday to my 2 y.o. tomorrow. April 5 is a GREAT day for birthdays!!!