Background template

Monday, April 1, 2013

36 weeks



How far along? 36 weeks and 1 day

Total weight gain: 38 pounds... which means I gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks- how special! Looks like I'll be wrapping the pregnancy up with right around 40 pounds gained.

Maternity clothes: I should have probably just taken this question out long ago... but the answer is still yes, obviously. I am surprisingly not as tired of my wardrobe options as I thought I would be by this point!

Stretch marks: Believe it or not, no. Not sure how I lucked out in this department but I hear it's all genetics, so thanks, Mom!
  
Sleep: I know there are a lot of things about pregnancy that I will probably miss, but I can guarantee you that I will not miss sleeping with a body pillow, lying almost exclusively on my left side, and waking up in the middle of the night to pee. I am certain Brian will not miss these things either.
                
Best moment this week: Our perinatologist appointment/growth scan on Friday- see below for details
  
Miss Anything: Ease of movement and being generally self-sufficient... I really do feel like a bit of an invalid.

Movement: Please refer to this post from last week. The babies also get hiccups a couple of times a day- usually Clara. Colby always seems to get them in the middle of the night... makes me wonder if he's going to be a little night owl like his daddy?
      
Food cravings: I think that I have reached that point where food is more of a necessary evil. Most everything makes me feel uncomfortably full or gives me indigestion. I made the big mistake of ordering a spicy dish from Pei Wei on Thursday and it took me a good 48+ hours to recover. 
      
Symptoms: As I mentioned, I think I have had a couple of contractions, but nothing serious. I still get short of breath pretty easily and feel like I'm sweating more than normal, which is fun. My hands are swollen and tingly in the mornings (?!) and my ankles swell some if I am up and moving around a lot during the day, but I'm usually able to remedy that by spending the evening on the couch with my feet propped up... it's a tough life.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy... I really and truly expected myself to be a hormonal mess, but thankfully that has not been the case. Let's hope that continues to be true as my hormones readjust after the babies are born!

Have you started to show yet: Eh, I guess ;)

Looking forward to: Meeting Colby and Clara this week (hopefully)!!!

General updates:
So the growth scan on Friday went well. Clara has apparently been busy packing on the pounds because she was estimated to be weighing 5 pounds, 1 ounce- she finally broke out of the 5th percentile and has moved up to the 8th percentile! Colby is still the beefier of the two, estimated to weigh 5 pounds, 12 ounces and hanging out in the 29th percentile.

So at this point, we are basically cleared to deliver! My OB was out of town on Friday, so I'll be giving him a call today to schedule a date. Eek! Depending on what he says, I may go in to the perinatologist for one more appointment on Tuesday just to make sure the cord flow/fluid levels are still good. We are still hoping for a delivery date of this Friday, April 5th, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, we are doing last minute house preparations, finishing packing our hospital bags, and spending a surprising amount of time twiddling our thumbs (when we're not working, that is). Nonetheless, we are trying to make the most of our last few days as a family of two, and of course making sure Noah and Buster get plenty of attention before their little brother and sister arrive.

If you have any suggestions for how to make the most of these last few days or about how to best prepare the house for bringing home the babies, please feel free to share.

Will be sure to update you all once we get official word from the OB!

23 comments:

The Durbin Blog said...

I am so excited that you will possibly be delivering Friday, but sad I won't get to see you for a few days this week! I will be checking my social media sources regularly for updates (:

the blogivers said...

Can't believe they will be here so soooooooon!

Katy said...

This is seriously SO exciting!!! I can't wait to hear that they have arrived! Enjoy your time with your hubby this week and sleep as much as possible ;) But I am sure you are already trying to do that!

Mollyanne said...

I am impressed with you for at least the following reasons:
1) you only look pregnant in your belly
2) you've gained less weight with 2 babies than I gained with 1 (and I'm ok track to do it again)
3) my friend who is now 34 weeks with twins has had tons of contractions and is now on bed rest. Way to avoid that unpleasantness!

I would suggest going to see a movie in the theatre, just because you can and it will be years before it is again such an easy outing.

Beth said...

Hooray! I can't wait to meet them. I can't get over how great you look. You may be approaching 40 but it is clearly all those 2 sweet babies! And I get the hand tingling thing, too. It is annoying and often wakes me up bc it hurts! I think it's some form of pregnancy induced carpal tunnel that is supposed to go away.

Erika said...

You are seriously the cutest pregnant person ever. One day you will have to give me all your tips on how to do it right. I would recommend going to get a mani-pedi before you deliver because apparently the nurses really appreciate that. And also it might be awhile before you can get another one. So happy Clara is growing!!

Risa said...

You look SO good! I'm so impressed with the weight gain...or lack thereof. I remember feeling pressure to enjoy the last few days before Brandt's arrival but when you're so uncomfortable, you're just ready for delivery! Just rest and do whatever sounds good. :) Can't wait to meet those sweet babes and so thankful for a good report on Friday!

Gillian said...

You look absolutely amazing!! As for recommendations on how to spend these last few days... do whatever you want and focus on your excitement rather than any anxiety you may be feeling. You are going to be such an amazing mom, it's been so great being able to follow your journey! Thanks for sharing :)

kristen gary said...

Ditto to going to see a movie in the theater. That is definitely the thing that goes out the door first once you have kids and we miss doing that as frequently as we did pre-kids =)

Joya Konieczny said...

Amanda, it's so amazing and great that you've been able to carry your twins for so long! I remember those final days before delivery very well and would just say to soak it up and enjoy the anticipation. I got a little stir crazy with the whole 'stay close to home in case you go into labor' idea so we ended up driving to Lockhart about 40 minutes away for Barbeque when I was two days past due... AND Summer Joy came the next day :) Good luck - I'll be thinking of you and praying this week!

Sarah said...

Whooo hoo! Anytime now! Can't wait to see pictures!

Brittnie said...

Friday!! Oh my goodness I'm so so excited!!

And yes - I must agree with your other commenters. You look amazing. I def looked puffier than you and I was only carrying one. Um. . . I will refrain from sending you a picture of my 39 week cankles. :)

My advice - Go get a mani and pedi and then go out to dinner with Brian to one of your fav places cause it will be a while before you go, just the two of you, again. Enjoy your week as a fam of 2 but just know it only gets better. . . promise!

Amanda said...

You look AMAZING!!! I'm sure you don't feel amazing, swollen hands and feet don't sound nice, but hey, at least you look beautiful! I can't believe you'll more than likely be holding your BABIES before the end of the week! So exciting!

The Torno's said...

You don't know me but I've been reading your blog for months now - I'm Courtney Squillante's cousin. I would recommend making casseroles and freezing them - you'll be really happy to have them in a couple of weeks ;)

The Bird said...

Oh my goodness! I feel like it was just yesterday that you posted your first belly picture! You still look amazing - cutest pregnant mama award goes to you, hands down! I recommend having some freezer meals ready to go...although I hope your local friends/family bring you lots of food to eat when they visit/come over to help with those sweet babies! And my mom told me to have extra clean underwear stashed for both myself and the husband for when we just couldn't keep up with laundry (happened around 6 weeks after the baby arrived for us!). It was nice to have a week's worth of clean (and new/fun) underwear ready to go when we needed it! So excited for the arrival of Colby and Clara!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Amanda!! How quickly time has passed since you announced you were pregnant!? I like the pedicure idea and dinner out...even though you'll eventually do those things again, it will require a lot more planning and preparation than just walking out the door.

Haha I also laughed about how ready you are to stop getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I remember thinking that a lot too before Brody was born...and then as I paced the hallway with a crying baby for 90minutes in the middle of the night trying to get him to go back to sleep, I REALLY missed the nights when all I had to do in the was go to the bathroom and crawl back into bed. ;)

You and Brian are going to be such a great parents Can't wait to hear when your delivery is going to be scheduled! And can't wait to see the little babies!!!! Good luck! -Rachel :)

Gina Manifesta said...

So excited for you guys!

Nikki Miller said...

You look GREAT! Colby and Clara are going to LOVE to look back at these photos.
I also second all the fun items to add to your growing itinerary this week (I mean other than waiting ...haha)... movie, mani/pedi.

Brittany Sciba said...

Wohoo!!! Beautiful picture! :) So, so, so exciting! For sure get a pedi...you will just feel better! I also agree with the casserole idea if you feel like it. :) Can't wait to meet your sweet babies!!! :)

Priscilla Heistad said...

I'm so excited! And I recommend that you SLEEP as the most important activity for the coming days. You won't regret it, I promise!

HoagsandKisses said...

Yay!!! All good news! Love the photo montage... very well documented pregnancy. You look amazing, all belly. I can't wait to see the babies!!!

Natasha said...

I agree with everyone else -- you are one amazing looking pregnant mommy. I did not look that great and I was carrying one.

If you have time I agree with the movie and pedicure ideas. Otherwise just do whatever feels best.

We bought a new car two days before Sam was born and I wouldn't recommend doing that :) I think you might have that one covered already though.

Amanda McD said...

Wow! Your pregnancy has flown by (for me at least, probably not for you!) Praise God for an uneventful 36 weeks!
I would recommend a mani/ pedi. Your hands will be in every picture for the nex few weeks as you will be holding the babies, and pedis are just plain fun! :)