Background template

Monday, March 18, 2013

Lucky for you, I chose to do this instead of nap

Oh, hey, did I forget to mention that I was on Spring Break last week? Ok so I wasn't, but I was too tired to string together coherent thoughts thanks to the time change and this whole business of gestating twins. 

But now I'm back, and hopefully will come up with something exciting to say at least a couple of times this week. No promises, however, because I am having a hard time focusing on anything other than the fact that Colby and Clara will be arriving in 3 weeks or less. But I'll give it my best shot.

I am officially 34 weeks and 1 day along as of today. Last week's appointments went well and both babies passed all of their tests once again. Clara has returned to being breech, so I'm very interested to see if that changes or if she has officially run out of room. 

Although some doctors will attempt a regular delivery as long as baby A is head down (regardless of baby B), my OB will only do so if both babies are head down, so if she stays breech, then I'll for sure be having a c-section. I am totally fine with this. In fact, I am totally fine with whatever type of delivery gets both babies out safely and without too much trauma for any of us! So we shall see.

My OB is out of town for the next week and a half, so I'll have my next appointment with him on the 27th, the last growth scan with the perinatologist on the 29th, and at that time, we'll hopefully set a delivery date- hooray!

In the meantime, I'll continue my twice weekly visits to the perinatologist. In case you were wondering, here is what my view is like for the second half of the appointments (the non-stress test):


I get 3 monitors: one for Colby, one for Clara, and one for me! 

In addition to appointments and work, we spend most of our free time resting... and eating. I wouldn't say that I'm starving or anything, but this has definitely been my hungriest phase of pregnancy.

Anyway, here are a few other pictures from our thrilling weekend:

34 weeks!

Lucky Charms + green milk = St. Patrick's Day breakfast of champions

Panoramic shot of all 3 of my boys enjoying an afternoon nap

And that's a wrap. If there's anything you'd love to read about (or if you just want to help a sister with writer's block out), please let me know :)

7 comments:

Brittnie said...

Ive got nothing! HIt a bit of a writing wall myself. Here's to hoping we both get out of this rut. See you Saturday!

the blogivers said...

Now I want Lucky Charms for breakfast.

As for writer's block... you could talk about what life was like this time last year (and how much it's about to change)? Or you could write about your favorite twin sister? Or you could write about your favorite indulgences you've enjoyed over the course of this pregnancy?

Erika said...

At least you are wearing cute shoes for the non-stress test so that you have something good to look at for that time period! Also, I LOVE your belly in the 34 week shot!! And your choice of breakfast. Blog topics: What cosmetic surgery you would get right now (or you can say a few months post-twins, if you like); What kind of name and identity would you pick if you had to go into Witness Protection (what career, area of the country, etc); What would you do if someone gave you a million dollars and you had to give it all away (to as many people/organizations as you like)?

Courtney Squillante said...

Cute shoes!!!

Leah said...

Cute shoes!! Courtney beat me to it.

Blogahon said...

You are one of those cute pregnant ladies. Not everyone can pull off 34 weeks pregnant, but you look great, A. And, yes, I love the shoes, too!!

Annie Gruetzmacher said...

I cannot believe you're going to be a momma in a matter of days!!! Also, I wanted to let you know how refreshing it was to hear you say you didn't care how the babies were born, as long as they were healthy! I think that's awesome. P.S. You seriously are so tiny for being preggers and about to deliver! Jellie!