Background template

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Colby and Clara's Nursery Reveal

Yes, that's right, the babies' nursery is FINISHED! I was never one of those people that had a "vision" for the nursery- let's be honest, I spent many years just imagining how exciting it would be to put a crib in that room instead of the treadmill and some extra furniture.

I will say that I never imagined a nursery with bright colors, but then Allison found super cute matching boy/girl paisley bedding and I never looked back.

Anyway, without further delay, allow me to take you on a tour...

This is the view when you walk in the room. All of the walls in the house are actually painted this neutral beige color. We toyed with the idea of painting this room but opted not to in the end.

Immediately to your right is this bookshelf/storage area (from Target). It looks black in the picture, but it's actually a dark brown. 

I have had this "twins" picture frame for 13+ years! That lovely lady in the picture would be my mom and those cute babies would be me and Allison :) We'll eventually put a pic of C&C in there, but I thought this was fitting in the meantime.

And here's Clara's side of the room!

Bedding + Mobile: My Baby Sam - Paisley Splash in Pink (sold at Target and Babies R Us)
Wall Art: Home Goods
Name Wall Hanging: NelsonsGifts on etsy

And here's the glider... would be nice not to have it in the middle of the room, but it's really the only place that it fit/made sense!


And here's Colby's side of the room!

Bedding + Mobile: My Baby Sam Paisley - Paisley Splash in Lime (sold at Target and Babies R Us)
Shelf: Leftover from my room at the sorority house in college :)
Not sure where the stuffed bunny came from (handed down from my mom), but the stuffed bear came from our Babymoon at the Houstonian!
Name Wall Hanging: NelsonsGifts on etsy

And here is what a closet stocked for two babies looks like! Don't be too impressed with the stockpile of diapers at the top... from what I hear, we will go through this supply in 2-3 weeks or less :o/ Oh, and please pardon the stash of Boppies, nursing pillows, and the nap nanny lurking in the right corner... those will be scattered around the house once the babies arrive, no doubt!

Dresser: Hand-me-down Jenny Lind (lovingly repainted by Brian in white!)

And last, but not least, our changing table!

Changing Table: Hand-me-down Jenny Lind
Wall Art: Home Goods
Vinyl Decal Letters: Welcoming Walls on etsy (thanks for the idea, Amber!)
(Lyrics from "Half of My Heart" by John Mayer and Taylor Swift, and inspired by our imaginary friends, who have kept us company while we've waited for real children of our own :)


So there you have it! Colby and Clara, if you're reading this, NO RUSH, but your room is ready when you are... and also, props to you for learning how to read in utero :)

22 comments:

The Durbin Blog said...

Wow great job, it looks so awesome! Those are two very lucky babies to have such a cool room!

Brittnie said...

Y'all did a great job! I love it. So organized too!

the blogivers said...

It looks PERF! Puts Davis's nursery to shame! Good work :) can't wait until they are here to destroy it!

Bren said...

Perfection! Love it! The wall decal is so cute. Great personal touches. Can't wait for Colby and Clara to get here, they're going to love their suite!

Erika said...

Loooove it!! Especially love the shout-out to the imaginary friends. That is so perfect. Can't wait to see some cute babies enjoying this space (or, ya know, screaming and crying in it. Whatev.)!

Catherine said...

I love al of the Jenny Lind stuff! Great find on the bedding, I love both of them. It looks like you're ready for them!

Natalie said...

I love it! It is perfect for a boy and a girl. I can't wait to see pictures of these sweet babies in there.

Amber Massey said...

SO SO SO SSOOOOO cute! I love it:) good job, momma!

Becky said...

This is sooo adorable!! Perfect for a boy and girl!! Great job!!

Courtney Squillante said...

So so so cute!!! You will probably love having the glider in the middle- easy access to both! And I love the closet and how you can tell the division of clothes! Eek! So fun!

The Armstrong Family said...

Y'all did SUCH a great job! Colby and Clara will just love it. Can't wait to see pictures of those precious faces after thei arrival. We will be praying for you until (and after!) then. What an adventure!

Terrie Joiner said...

Love everything! Great job.

Annie Gruetzmacher said...

I got tears in my eyes with the quote about the imaginary friends and your explanation of it. So sweet.

Candi said...

Thank you for including the decal picture and link to my shop! The decal looks wonderful and I love hearing the reason behind it. We also waiting a long time for our sweet girl, she is our miracle. Lots of blessings to you and your two miracles.
Candi

Brittany Sciba said...

I just love it!! :) The glider looks perfect! Only one thing missing...babies!!! :)

Jennifer said...

The nursery is adorable! I have always loved the fabric for Clara's crib!

This is totally random, but I was looking for something on my blog and read a comment that you left on a post about infertility I wrote last Mother's Day, that said said that you hoped by next Mother's Day you would have a happy ending to infertility kind of post, and I cannot tell you how happy it made me to click on your name and the first thing that popped up was a sweet nursery for TWINS! I don't know you at all, but I'm seriously so happy for you right now!!

Prayers for healthy babies that stay inside babies for a while still, and an easy delivery! :)

The Bird said...

Absolutely wonderful! The only thing that needs to change to make it more perfect? Getting Colby and Clara in there! Not too long now :)

Sarah said...

You are sooooooo going to need to email me a few months after they are born and let me know if you like that glider. I'm looking for a better one that's more like that style and have had my eye on that one! I need to know if you like it!!

kimberly ann said...

This is SUPER cute! Colorful, yet not obnoxious! :)

Merrie said...

I remember when our nursery looked like this. Neat, organized, crisp and clean -- enjoy it while it lasts. ;) LOL

But seriously, you did a lovely job and it's so wonderful that those two babies have such a loving home to come home to. Well done!

Natasha said...

This is such an awesome nursery! I love it!!! And as others have said, the only thing to make it better will be to have Clara and Colby in there. Whooo hoooo!!!

Blogahon said...

Great job on the nursery! It looks so sweet and colorful. Love the bedding.