Background template

Monday, March 4, 2013

32 weeks



How far along? 32 weeks and 1 day

Total weight gain: 30 pounds exactly (well, as of Friday)- as many of you read on facebook, I have officially matched Brian's weight... any bets on how much I'll surpass him? On second thought, no guesses, please.

Maternity clothes: Let's all visualize how attractive my non-maternity clothes would look on me while carrying 30 extra pounds around. (By the way, that coral top I was wearing on our mini-babymoon was from the Jessica Simpson line at Motherhood Maternity for those that were interested!)

Stretch marks: Miraculously, no. I think my belly button looks like a nose right now, so I still wouldn't go around saying my stomach looks attractive or anything.
 
Sleep: Still waking up a few times per night to switch sides (which is more of an ordeal that I ever would have imagined), but for the most part, it hasn't been terrible. I'm just cherishing every night of uninterrupted sleep that we get for these next few weeks!
               
Best moment this week: Finishing the nursery- reveal to come on the blog later this week!
 
Miss Anything: Sleeping on my stomach and working out... lame, but true.

Movement: Constantly! Sometimes I feel like the host of a rave. Clara is camped out higher up, just under my lungs, and Colby has taken up residence lower down, right on top of my bladder. So the raves are generally more fun for them than they are for me, but I suppose I don't mind hosting :)
     
Food cravings: Still not anything in particular, although I have been eating a lot of cookies lately. My favorites? Oatmeal chocolate chip from Potbelly, chocolate chip from Zoe's Kitchen, pretty much anything from Tiff's Treats, and thanks to leftovers from Brian's office last week, chocolate chip from Tiny Boxwoods (even though I've never actually been there).
     
Symptoms: My feet/hands swell if I'm on my feet a lot, but nothing too out of control. Other than that, occasional crampiness, shortness of breath, and the general discomfort that comes with gestating humans.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! Occasionally I lose my cool over something little and can sense a breakdown coming, but the tears have been kept to a minimum, as have the temper tantrums, much to Brian's relief, I'm sure.

Have you started to show yet: Yep. I think it's funny that men comment more about it than women in public. My favorite was when a male co-worker (that I really don't know) looked down at my stomach last week and said, "What happened to you?!" Hmm, where to start...

Looking forward to: The babies' next growth scan on Friday, my mom-in-law and sis-in-law joining me for an ultrasound next week, and of course, meeting Colby and Clara!

General updates:
Thankfully, the perinatologist appointments have continued to go well. Now that I have reached 32 weeks, I have to do a non-stress test at each appointment, which is basically where they attach a heart rate monitor for each baby to my stomach and one to see if I'm having any contractions (none yet).

It seems like the doctors are pleased with their biophysical profile results at each appointment, and the one I saw on Friday even commented about how she wished all babies were as cooperative as ours. I assured her that they inherited this from their daddy and not from me :) Let's hope that continues after they're born!

I am now seeing my OB weekly, and at my last appointment on Friday, he indicated that he expects delivery around 36 weeks. He said my pregnancy could probably go on for "a while," but seems to think we will probably deliver around that time just due to the fact that Clara has continued to be under the 5th percentile. If that's the case, then we have FOUR weeks or less left and should expect their arrival some time around March 31st (Easter Sunday)!

I'll see him again after the next growth scan on Friday so hopefully we'll know more then. In the meantime, we wait! We are so grateful for a relatively uneventful pregnancy this far and are praying that things continue to go smoothly up until delivery and beyond. Stay tuned for more updates to come...

14 comments:

Brittnie said...

Getting closer!! :) Can't wait! As I'm sure you feel the same!

the blogivers said...

I like that I was due with Davis on Easter Sunday and you are (sort of kind of) due on Easter Sunday. Twinzies!

Katy said...

You are absolutely adorable!! You have done an awesome job keeping those babies growing and safe! Keep it up Mama!

Amber Massey said...

So exciting! You're doing great, girl:) and I can't wait for the nursery reveal! Xoxoxo

Courtney Squillante said...

How are you already 32 weeks?!?!?

Dana said...

I love your posts and keeping up with your pregnancy. Still so excited for you, you look adorable!! Seriously, and no stretch marks!? Trying to still like you.

Erika said...

You are a ridiculously cute pregnant person. I'm going to send C&C some glow sticks for their rave. Wouldn't that be fun??

kimberly ann said...

You're the tiniest little giant pregnant lady ever! (How's that for an oxymoron :) Are you feeding C&C lots of cupcakes? I hear cupcakes and queso are key to optimal twin growth. Just sayin'.

Brittany Sciba said...

You look wonderful as usual! I can't wait to meet your little Easter bunnies!! :)

Sally said...

You look so amazing!! So excited to hear about an arrival!!

Risa said...

Girl, you look so good!! Jared asked me earlier if I'd seen your blog post because he thought you looked great...all belly he said! I passed Jared BIG TIME on weight gain...and only had one baby. :)

LEB said...

looking good!
potbellies cookies are the best :)
soooo exciting the babies will be here in about 4 weeks! Im crossing my fingers for the same ;)

LEB said...

looking good!
potbellies cookies are the best :)
soooo exciting the babies will be here in about 4 weeks! Im crossing my fingers for the same ;)

HoagsandKisses said...

Hip Hip Hooray for Easter Bunny babies!!! Can't wait for the nursery reveal! You look too good to be true for week 32! Home stretch (minus the stretch marks!)