Background template

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love

Survey stolen from Erika from Valentine's Day 2012

How long have you and your significant other been together?
Since December 16th, 2003 - it was a first date to remember!

How did you meet?
A mutual friend introduced us on the Aggie bus that we rode to/from campus. She introduced me to Brian as her "bus friend," but I thought she said "best friend." We then filled the duration of the ride home by staging a fake best friend break-up in which I was forced to choose sides between the two. We thought it was funny, even if the other passengers didn't.

We continued to see each other on the bus and a week or two later, I convinced him that if he would come to our sorority's philanthropy show, I would give him dinner at the sorority house. I've been bribing him with food ever since...

If married, how long have you been married?
5 years, 6 months, and 10 days

If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding? 
We got married in Austin, Texas, at my home church in front of about 175 of our family/friends.


Do you have any nicknames that you call one another?
Not so much. Who needs nicknames when you have imaginary friends?

Name 3 things you love most about your honey:
1. He doesn't complain about me or speak negatively about me, even though my behavior often warrants it :)
2. He is thoughtful.
3. He makes me smile and laugh on a regular basis, and makes sure that I never take life too seriously.

Tell us how he proposed?
With the help of Allison and Wade, he took me on a scavenger hunt around Austin on Christmas day in 2006. Read all about it here!


Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Flowers and teddy bear... probably because I don't like strawberries or champagne. We often institute a "no gift" rule, but thankfully he is well aware that flowers don't count as a gift :)

Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I could do either. I'm versatile like that. But admittedly, at 7+ months pregnant, I am much more of a pop a movie in and relax on the couch (or just go to sleep) kind of girl.

Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Travel to Hawaii and/or Italy! I also think it would be fun (much smaller scale here) to go to a drive-in movie.

Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We're planning to stop somewhere for breakfast on the way to work and dinner plans are TBD. We might go to Pappasito's for some Mexican food and then come home to relax on the couch (see above), or if I'm feeling particularly uncomfortable/tired/pitiful, then we might pick up dinner to go somewhere and come home to relax on the couch. It's a win either way!

Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
See above about the "no gifts" rule!

Give us one piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Laugh a lot. Pray a lot. Hug a lot. Say "I love you," "I'm sorry," and "I forgive you" as often as possible.

Show us a picture of what love means to you:

This picture is from when Brian whisked me away for a quick trip to the beach after our second failed IUI last summer, aka: one of the lowest points of infertility/life for me. So thankful to have someone that loves me and knows what's best for me, even when I don't know it myself.

Happy Valentine's Day to the one I love and to all of you as well!

6 comments:

the blogivers said...

I'm glad I was there the first time you met, there at some point on your first date, there at your proposal, and there at your wedding... I'm a good sister.

Happy Val Day to 2 of my favorite peeps!

Courtney Squillante said...

Cute!!

Erika said...

Totally forgot I did this! Love that last picture and how thoughtful Brian is. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could have a couch on the beach and then you could COMBINE the two options in the 'sunset @ the beach/movie on the couch' question? Yeah. Ultimate.

Natasha said...

Awww. This is a great questionnaire. I'm totally remembering this for next year.

And you're right about the simple things in life being better -- teddy bears and flowers all the way!

The Bird said...

Okay, I just awarded the "Most fun couple" award to Erika and Matt. I think you guys win the "Sweetest couple award" for sure! Happy Valentine's Day - hope you aren't feeling too uncomfortable/tired/pitiful so you can enjoy whatever you choose to do tonight!

HoagsandKisses said...

So cute! I really loved reading your "first date" story. Definitely the best first date story I've ever heard. Fun to reminisce about Homestar Runner... I got Andrew a Trogdor shirt for Valentine's Day in 2005. And now I want to watch Serendipity tonight and also go to the drive-in.