Background template

Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby shower numero tres

It's safe to say that one of the highlights of working in Human Resources is that I get to work with a lot of females. And unlike many workplaces that feel more like middle school lunchrooms, I just so happened to luck out by working with a lot of females that I actually like, so I'm thankful for that as well.

As anyone that has dealt with infertility can attest, it is sort of impossible to not let it seep into every other aspect of your life, so it's not surprising that I shed many tears during the past 3 years at work. Heck, my co-workers often knew before my family members when a cycle didn't work because they just happened to hear me crying after hanging up from another disappointing phone call from a nurse.

All this to say, these people that I spend 40+ hours of my week with have become more than just co-workers to me, and just as they were to there to help me pick up the pieces every time we got bad news, they have been some of the loudest cheering us along from the sidelines throughout this pregnancy. So of course I suspected when they offered to throw me a baby shower that they would go all out, and sure enough, they did!

They opted to go with a movie theme- a "double feature"... pretty creative and cute, I must say. Here are the invitations, complete with Act II popcorn:


Loved this banner and they let me keep it!

I told you they went all out with the theme...

Not pictured, but the "snack stand" included hot dogs, pizza, and nachos... the 3 basic food groups :)

Cute cupcakes with "admit one" tickets for dessert

The favors- popcorn boxes full of candy... I might have taken one for each of the babies :)

Few things get me excited quite like candy- they know me so well!

The presents! And no, I do not plan to ever re-gift that owl bag because I want to keep it forever.

Cute matching crabby preemie outfits from Heather- Brian and I are going to get ourselves a pair to match

With the lovely and gracious hostesses who very much outdid themselves - Page, Suzanne, me, Priscilla, and Heather

In addition to hosting, Heather also played photographer (with her fancy new camera), so a big thank you to her for making sure this event was well-documented! And forgive me for not including pictures of the other co-workers in attendance, but I promise they were there and gave lots of cute and wonderful gifts :)

Although I'm a little sad to have our last baby shower behind us, I am so, so grateful for all of the thoughtful and generous gifts that we were given to help us prepare for Colby and Clara's arrival. There are really just a few items left on our list, which is a big blessing, because I thought we would be spending an arm and a leg trying to get ready for these little ones... although I guess thanks to IVF, we did actually spend an arm and a leg- ha!

Stay tuned for a post later this week on our mini-Babymoon stay-cation...

12 comments:

the blogivers said...

Still can't get over how sweet your co-workers were to throw such a cute shower!

Erika said...

This is definitely the most unique and well-done baby shower theme I've seen!! What a fun group of girls!

HoagsandKisses said...

The "Double Feature" theme is sooo cute! What a fun party! Sweet pictures too!

Brittany Sciba said...

Everything looks SO CUTE!!! They did a great job. Baby showers done...next up, BABIES!!! :)

Natasha said...

That is one of the best baby shower themes I've seen. Love it!!!

Catherine said...

I love the theme, they really outdid themselves and it shows. I'm so happy for you, you are just positively glowing!

kimberly ann said...

Those two are already SO loved! And those crabby jammies? AMAZING. :)

Dana said...

How adorable!! I'm so glad you're surrounded by such wonderful women!

LEB said...

Super cute theme and really nice post about your coworkers :)

Brittnie said...

How fun are your coworkers? What a cute theme and presentation!!

Amber Massey said...

Such a sweet shower!! It is such a blessing to have great co-workers.. After you we spend so much time with them! Some of my co-workers are my best friends! Yay for almost completing the list of 'to-do's'.. Such a great feeling, isn't it?

Annie Gruetzmacher said...

Wow this is an incredible work shower. I am impressed and totally jealous. I think I would be lucky if I even got a gift! Everything else would be given individually and outside of the office most likely so what they did for you is AMAZING!