Background template

Monday, February 11, 2013

Baby shower #2

I know the correct word to use is "blessed," but I have to say that after our second baby shower, we just feel plain spoiled! In the best way possible, of course :)

Some of my friends here in town threw me an owl-themed shower and they did such a great job of tying the theme together- something I am terrible at doing, so I appreciated it even more. 

Loved the cute invitation!

They also decorated these onesies (one for each of the babies for the first 12 months) for us to take their monthly pictures in. I am kind of thinking about ordering matching stickers for Brian and me that say, "We survived 1 month, 2 months, etc." - ha!

The food was delicious- brunch shower food is the best! Muffins, scones, donut holes, casserole, fruit, pigs in a blanket, cookies, M&M's... and I'm sure I'm forgetting something! And check out the cute owl diaper cake centerpiece - almost too cute for us to disassemble and make use of the diapers... almost

Colby and Clara each got their own personalized cookies from this local bakery. The hostesses sent me home with several and Brian and I have made sure to alternate between eating one of his and one of hers- gotta keep things even!

And here's me at 29 weeks! I feel like my  entire body face is starting to look puffy, but I realize that comes with the territory, so I am trying not to beat myself up over it.

Love these cute matching owl blankets, and a big thank you to Brian's sweet Granny for getting them for us (along with their mobiles and sleep sacks)

Can't wait to read these during late night diaper changes... or better yet, for Brian to read them during late night diaper changes :)

Colby and Clara's aunt, great grandmother, and grandmother all made the trip in - they're the best! (My mom came, too, but we only got candid shots of her so you'll just have to trust me.)

Auntie Allison, aka: my dedicated photographer, looking her finest

My friend (and one of the hostesses), Brittany got the babies these adorable personalized sleep sacks... Brittany, you'll have to leave the name of the shop in the comments so we can all steal your idea! 

With the wonderful hostesses (Kristen, Brittany, me, Beth, and Katie)

Beth and I are due just 12 days apart- Colby and Clara can't wait to be best buds with baby Mateo

Double take- can you tell which one of us weighs less?

Two of Colby's and Clara's sweet aunties

Miraculously, we have already put away all of the gifts, washed all of the clothes, and reorganized the nursery to fit everything- thanks again in no small part to Allison for her help! It would be nice if we had a day or two longer to recover, but alas, it's back to work we go. Thank goodness for a 3-day weekend coming up, in which my biggest plans are to sleep and rest as much as possible.

We have one more shower coming up that my co-workers are graciously throwing for me next week, so stay tuned!

13 comments:

Aubrey said...

Love the owl theme- the onesies are adorable... Such a great idea! And you look phenomenal!

Brittnie said...

Had a fun time. . . The shower was so cute. . . they did a great job!

And yes - Brittany please tell us what shop you ordered those from b/c they are super cute!

the blogivers said...

Hooray for another great shower!

Courtney Squillante said...

Super super cute! You look great- I swear I don't think you look puffy at all!!

Erika said...

What a fun shower!! Those invitations are totally awesome. Your friends are pretty amazing-- they'd be even more amazing if they'd had ME shipped in for the event, but I guess no one is perfect.

LEB said...

what a cute shower!

The Bird said...

What a picture perfect shower! Everything went together so well...I need to learn to do that! The late night diapers are too cute-I will be stealing that idea for the next shower I host! Getting sooooo close :D

Brittany Sciba said...

Yay!! LOVED getting to celebrate you and the babies!! The gowns are from an etsy shop called kiddykouture (all one word)! :)

Nikki Miller said...

I love your maternity dresses... so cute. Also, the diaper idea is adorable I might have to copy it! You, your husband and the babies deserve every bit of spoiling! Enjoy!

Jenni said...

Love the owl theme and the diapers things is great! You look fab, too!

Natasha said...

I love all the onesies -- what a great idea! And I've seen the diaper messages before but I still think that's awesome. You'll have to share some of the funnier ones as the diapers get used.

Amber Massey said...

How fun! And your little belly is so precious! Love the invite and the theme! And I totally agree with you- I LOVE shower food:)

Annie Gruetzmacher said...

GIRL! Too cute! Loving this shower, the theme, and that amazing invitation! I want a shower exactly like yours one day! ;) Also, you look AMAZING. I don't know what you're talking about with "puffy"!!