Background template

Monday, February 4, 2013

28 weeks

Apparently the babies aren't the only ones that are growing...


How far along? 28 weeks and 1 day - 9 weeks or less to go!

Total weight gain: 22 pounds; Just about 9-10 more pounds to go before I'll catch up with Brian, which I have a feeling will happen sooner rather than later.

Maternity clothes: I am already getting pretty tired of my limited wardrobe, but not tired enough of it to spend any more money on maternity clothes, so hopefully those that see me on a regular basis will not pass judgement on me for my predictable attire.

Also, I did not purchase any maternity pajamas, and while most of the bottoms still fit fine (since I can wear them lower below my stomach), the t-shirts that I normally sleep in have all gotten pretty snug. Most women would solve this problem by borrowing their husbands' t-shirts, but my slim and trim husband wears a size Medium, so that's not going to help me out much, I'm afraid!

Stretch marks: Not yet! Some days the skin on my stomach feels so tight that I'm certain I'll find a few when I check myself out in the mirror, but they have held off so far.
   
Sleep: Brian has recently nicknamed me "Goldilocks." I have tried several different combinations of pillows in an attempt to fall asleep comfortably but none of them really seem to do the trick. Fortunately I'm so tired that I fall asleep anyway, but it's a guarantee that I will wake up a few times throughout the night and that the perpetual knot in my left shoulder will greet me each morning when I wake up.
                 
Best moment this week: Seeing Colby and Clara at our last appointment, making it to 28 weeks, making progress on the nursery, getting to feel Clara's hiccups
   
Miss Anything: Being emotionally stable? I feel like I was doing so well in the battle against my raging hormones, but recently they have being the reigning champions.

Oh, and my belly button. It's still there, but it doesn't look the same, and I have a feeling it never will again...

Movement: It's easier for me to distinguish which one is doing what now since I know where they are (and know that they don't have much room to trade places). Usually I just feel one of them at a time but there are rare occasions when all the punching and kicking has me convinced that they're fighting in there!
       
Food cravings: Not anything in particular, but you might appreciate that I was so hungry after eating dinner earlier this week (a kid's meal from Beck's Prime that I somehow thought would be filling enough) that I asked my dad to share a hamburger with me after I was finished. And then I shared a milkshake with Brian. YOPO (You're Only Pregnant Once... except that's not usually true).
       
Symptoms: I have noticed my chest tightening (usually at the end of the day) and sometimes it feels like I can't really take a deep breath, but I'm pretty sure that's just because my expanding uterus (and babies) are putting pressure on my lungs. I also feel a little crampy off and on, but haven't had any legitimate cramps or contractions or anything. All in all, it has thankfully been a fairly uneventful pregnancy, and for that I am very thankful!

Happy or moody most of the time: Please see my answer above to "Miss Anything"... I'm going to have to go with moody. I have never been particularly patient, but lately it seems that I'm even more impatient and quick-tempered than usual. And I have just been very sensitive. Everything (and everyone) hurts my feelings. Brian is really enjoying the new me, as you can imagine :)

Have you started to show yet: Yes, obviously. I am to the point where strangers don't hesitate to ask how far along I am or when I'm due, so it's nice to know that people aren't just wondering if I'm overweight anymore!

Looking forward to: Seeing Colby and Clara on a regular basis at the perinatologist appointments, my next (and final) two baby showers, and our mini-babymoon at The Houstonian in a couple of weeks!

13 comments:

The Durbin Blog said...

Love it, and honestly, from someone who sees you frequently, you have had almost a new outfit everyday it seems! You look so great, and if you need to borrow some Heather/Matt t-shirts for bedtime you just let me know- we have plenty!

Brittnie said...

If your Clara is anything like mine those hiccups will stick around. I swear Clara gets them at least 1x a day. Thankfully, she never seems to mind. :)

You look awesome! Excited to celebrate with you!

the blogivers said...

So sorry your FREE HAND-ME-DOWNS are boring you! Kidding, I know the feeling. I distinctly remember crying on the way to church one morning when I was pregnant with Davis because I hated all of my clothes, so you are not alone there OR in the overly-sensitive department.

Mollyanne said...

I have the exact same pj problem! Except that my weight has already exceeded my skinny husband's, which is a great way to send an emotional pregnant lady right over the edge.

HoagsandKisses said...

Woo Hoo! 28 weeks!!! You look great and so fashionable! You always have the cutest outfits, and you definitely don't need to spring for more maternity clothes at this point. Just pick your favorite outfit and wear it everyday but switch out the accessories, then it's like a whole new look. Besides, nobody can judge you right now, you're growing beautiful babies... just show them that video clip of Colby yawning. Oh so sweet!

Erika said...

Love that pink stripey shirt!! I am overly obsessed with stripes these days. Also, lucky me (well lucky if I ever get pregnant)-- we still have a few tshirts of Matt's from back in the days when he seemed to think he required XXL shirts. They were way too big for him them AND now, but at least they will come in handy if I ever gain lots of weight (via baby OR ice cream)!

Amber Massey said...

You are beautiful! I remember all these wonderful things about pregnancy like they were yesterday.. And now I'm sitting here at my first day back at work..

Good thing is.. No one has to see your too small Tshirts but your hubby. And he has to love you right now. You are growing his babies!

Natasha said...

You look amazing and have every right to be moody. I'm assuming twice the babies means twice the hormones?! I was a mess during my pregnancies, especially my last one, and I only had one each time :) And you will get your normal self back -- eventually.

Chrissy said...

3 cheers for the third trimester!!! You look great!

The Bird said...

You look so radiant! And hooray for the 3rd tri!!! I was thrilled not to have any stretchmarks, but I do have a pretty dark linea nigra (which I stupidly thought would start to fade right away and then found out can take a year + to fade!!) and my belly button is darker, too (and kind of...sunken? Not sure if that is permanent or is just a result of the left over pudge I have belly-wise)! Thankfully, my belly button is not as stretched as I thought it would be! Human bodies are amazing in what they can do and how they can recover! 9 weeks or less...SO EXCITING!!!!!

Brittany Sciba said...

You look beautiful! You will probably miss being emotionally stable for the next several months. The first 2-3 weeks after the babies are born will be one giant cry fest (the good kind of crying!) if you are anything like me. :) Can't wait for this weekend! :)

Jenni said...

Yeah for the third trimester and I cannot believe they will be here so soon!! YIPEE!!! By the way, I love the shirt you are wearing and you look fabulous!!

Sarah said...

You look SO great! And I think I missed the post about their names but I LOVE them! Colby and Clara. How adorable.... and they are perfect together. :)