- My friend, Lindsay, sent me this link last week about how to make a pregnant woman mad and it definitely had me laughing out loud. Obviously #8 was my favorite:
Comment on her size. If she's looking big be sure to ask if she's sure there isn't two in there or if she's sure she's due in two months and not at noon. If she looks small be sure to ask her where she's hiding it or suggest maybe she just swallowed a grape. This one might also make her worry that something's wrong so it's a nice double whammy.
- Speaking of comments regarding my size, I am trying to make an effort not to be so offended if people say that I look "small." In most cases, I think they are referring to my general size and not specifically my stomach, and they are trying to pay me a compliment in saying that I am not large and in charge all over (yet). Also, I really think that some people are expecting me to be twice the size of a normal pregnant person just because I'm carrying two, so I think they are just genuinely surprised that I'm able to fit through the door frame.
Either way, I am just trying to remember that people aren't trying to insinuate that anything is wrong with me or the babies. But for the record, "you look great!" is still a much safer observation to make!
- Brian and I met with a pediatrician on Monday thanks to a referral from this gal and this gal. I have to say that I was a little taken aback at first because she is tiny and has a little mouse voice to match her size! This is a big contrast to my larger framed male OBGYN that I am used to seeing, so it was just a bit of an adjustment. But in the end, we liked her a lot and will probably end up choosing her as Colby and Clara's doctor, so hooray for crossing that off the list!
- We're going to tour one of the daycares that we're considering during lunch today, so hopefully that will also go well. And by "well," I mean to say that I hope that I don't collapse into tears at the thought of leaving our little babies in the care of strangers for 40+ hours a week when we walk out of the building. Blah.
And in other news, probably not a brilliant idea for a pregnant person to tour a pediatrician's office and a daycare in the same week during cold and flu season, right? So far, so good, but I'm thinking these were not wise decisions on my part.
- A few things we have to look forward to this weekend:
- redeeming my Christmas gift from Brian by getting a prenatal massage and pedicure on Friday
- attending the new/pregnant moms tea that our local Parents of Multiples group is hosting on Saturday
- picking out colors to paint the dresser and changing table- can you guess which one of us will be picking out colors and which one of us will actually be doing the painting? :)