Background template

Monday, January 21, 2013

First baby shower

I'm pretty sure that in our 3 years of dealing with infertility, I never thought I would get to write this post. We had our first baby shower this weekend and while it was a fun time, more importantly, it was a reminder to me of how far God has brought us in this journey and of His faithfulness. To say that we have been blessed is a major understatement!

Anyway, onto the details. My sisters, sister-in-law, and a few friends threw me a shower in Austin this weekend. It was absolutely perfect, and Brian, Colby, Clara, and I are so very appreciative for the work they put into making it happen!

Cute invitation (what did we ever do before etsy?)


Allison made this banner with the babies' names on it!

26 weeks!

The brunch spread - mini quiches, pigs in a blanket, fruit, scones, brownies, M&M's (not pictured: lemonade and tea, courtesy of Auntie Shannon)

Me with the grandmothers (no wonder Clara is petite... look at those little shorties :)

Me with the hostesses - Elizabeth (big sis), Allison (duh), me, Shannon (SIL), Maryanne, and Elizabeth  (Kaimey was also a hostess but sadly couldn't join us for the party!)

Those lovely ladies gifted me with my diaper bag (which is necessarily huge) and some diapers!

Cute pull toys - owl for Clara and monster for Colby

Eek I love these monogrammed onesies that my friend, Christian, made!

My favorite presents are, of course, still cooking inside :)

Twinsies (Isn't she looking slim and trim? And it's not just because she's standing next to me!)

Some of my high school friends- so glad they were able to join us!

So there you have it. We got a nice mix of fun gifts and practical gifts, and are so very thankful for each of them. So thankful, in fact, that I need to wrap this post up and go write thank you notes :)

The next shower is 3 weeks away, so I have just enough time to find places to put all of the gifts- ha! Oh, and we also picked up the babies' dresser and changing table from my parents this weekend, so fortunately we'll have somewhere to put everything... I hope!

14 comments:

The Durbin Blog said...

I love the pictures and I love how everything is coming together! It looks like the shower was wonderful, and I can't wait to for your work shower!!

Brittnie said...

Yay for baby showers! Looks like it was a great day!!

the blogivers said...

I commented but it's not showing up! >( I said something about thinking I should have taken a picture of you with the cute onesies from Christian, and something about being glad you had fun at your shower.

Brittany Sciba said...

Looks like a wonderful day full of great friends and fun presents!! :) I love your diaper bag!

Courtney Squillante said...

So so fun!!!!

All Boxed Up said...

Adorable shower and so happy that you are having little ones! I love your dress-I always thought dresses were more comfortable in late pregnancy. You should take the sign that your sister made to the hospital and hang it in your room.

Bren said...

Sweet! What a beautiful baby shower! I love the sign Allison made and the monogrammed onesies are so cute. Those babies are going to be stylin' :)

Amanda McD said...

So cute! You look so very happy! Congrats!

Erika said...

Yay for a baby shower FINALLY! Looks like they totally got you hooked up. The monogrammed onesies-- adorable!! And the food-- yummmmmy!!

Natasha said...

Those onesies are adorable! What a talented friend you have. And your 26 week picture look awesome.

I'm so glad you got to enjoy your first baby shower.

Aubrey said...

Adorable! So glad that after what you've been through, you were able to celebrate and enjoy YOUR day!

Amber Massey said...

Yay for showers!! How fun to celebrate your little Colby and Clara:) looks like it was beautiful, and YOU, my dear are stunning at 26 weeks!!

The Bird said...

Hooray for celebrating your sweet babies! I remember it being a strange feeling to be at my showers. Not so long ago, I didn't think I'd ever get to experience that! Looks like a perfect day with lots of loved ones and yummy food!

Sally said...

Awww! So sweet! Love the names you picked for your twins!

Excited to see them come along!

New follower :))

www.sashon.blogspot.com