Background template

Monday, December 10, 2012

20 weeks

How is it possible that another 4 weeks have already passed? Guess time flies when you're growing human beings. 


Once again, taking these pictures is harder than I thought it would be. I think I need to stop wearing dresses for my pictures because unless the dress is form-fitting, it's not very easy to show the actual shape of my stomach (which is normally ideal, but not when you're trying to track progress!). 

I took the following picture this weekend as well, and even though I hadn't bothered to fix my hair, I think the camisole I'm wearing might give you a more accurate idea of what the bump looks like. Also, I typically only dry/straighten my hair 1-2 times per week, so this also probably gives you a more accurate idea of what I look like in general :)




How far along: 20 weeks and 1 day

Total weight gain: 10 pounds. I told my doctor last week that I was a little worried about not being bigger at this point, but he just smirked and said, "Don't worry, the weight will come." So I guess I have that to look forward to.

Maternity clothes: Yes, yes, and yes. I wore a non-maternity top the other day and I'm pretty sure it just made me look like I had a beer belly.  
         
Stretch marks: Not that I've noticed.

Sleep: Ugh. Sore subject. I slept really well when we were in New Orleans, which I'm guessing is because I was exhausted from walking around so much. And the fact that we had a king-sized feather bed probably didn't hurt. Santa is allegedly bringing me a body pillow for Christmas, so I'm hoping that will help!

Best moment this week: Passing my PHR exam! Oh, wait, this is supposed to be about the babies, right? The babies' daddy surprised them (ok, me) with an early Christmas present from Amazon - an owl baby blanket for the girl and a dinosaur baby blanket for the boy:



Miss anything: I'm still going to go with sleeping on my stomach. And being able to wear flats to work. Unfortunately all of my maternity pants are too long!

Movement: Yes! It felt mostly like gas bubbles at first, but now it is getting easier to distinguish. 

Food cravings: Nope... just still preferring salty to sweet. 

Symptoms: The back pain has started. Argh! The only time it doesn't bother me is when I'm wearing my Uggs, but (a) the temperature has been in the 80s, and (b) my Uggs are not exactly work appropriate. Also, this isn't exactly a symptom, but I have already noticed that it's getting harder for me to get up and down. I feel like an 80-year-old.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Eating sweet food in the mornings. And apparently my body has a new concept of what constitutes "sweet," because skim milk is on that list.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy

Have you started to show yet: Considering a stranger asked to touch my stomach and another one congratulated me on my pregnancy without me saying anything (bold move), I'm going to say yes.

Boy or Girl: One of each! We have another ultrasound with the perinatologist this week, after which we plan to announce their names, so get excited!

Looking forward to: Getting another peek at the babies this week, figuring out the nursery/bedding, and Christmas (unrelated to the babies, but still)

15 comments:

Brittnie said...

You look so cute! Don't be surprised if the salty over sweet thing carries over after pregnancy. Somehow I still crave salty tortilla chips every day of the week. Or every meal of the day if I am being completely honest. Clara is 7 mo old now so I have no idea why this is still happening. :)

The Bird said...

You look awesome, Amanda! I think your hair in the "I didn't fix my hair" photo looks better than my hair does WHEN I FIX MY HAIR. Ha! Anyhow, the body pillow will probably help you sleep a lot more comfortably! I love mine. The only drawback is that my husband can't really snuggle up to me very close, but right now the sleep is worth it! Congrats on passing your exam! That is a great accomplishment and I am sure it feels so wonderful to have it behind you! As for those blankets...oh my...SO CUTE! Such a thoughtful baby daddy/husband you've got there :) Yay for movement! That is my FAVORITE part of pregnancy by far. Even when she kicks my ribs (or bladder) I can't help but smile! NAMES?! I am SO excited! Can't wait to see that post:) Hope you have a great week! (P.S. Move to MN, then you can wear your Uggs...today's high is 12 degrees and we got 15" of snow yesterday!)

Erika said...

You are an adorable pregnant lady!! And I think it'd be worth it to get your maternity pants hemmed so that you can continue wearing flats. Or you could do what one of my short college girlfriends did and just fold them under and duct tape them on the inside. Poor girl's hem job!

the blogivers said...

Wow, another cute dress in the first picture! Where did you get it?! And I agree with Erika on pants - do something so you can wear flats!

Amanda Greavu said...

NAMES!!!! I'm so excited! I can't believe you're already 20 weeks! Where does the time go?!? You look adorable!

Nikki Miller said...

Adorable!! I say wear the uggs. I wear my black uggs to work all the time with a dressy top and leggings.

Courtney Squillante said...

You look fantastic!

Gina Manifesta said...

I love Brian's gift to you. Also, you look so pretty!

LEB said...

Looking good! Ive been having crazy weird and vivid dreams and you were in one last night (random i know!) and had named the twins ken and jaybird....im hoping those aren't the names you announce later this week ;)

Brittany Sciba said...

You look wonderful, as usual! :) Love seeing those babies growing! The gift from Brian is so sweet.

Chrissy said...

Cute bump & cute blankies!

Shannon said...

I know a soon to be grandmother who is really good at hemming pants :)

Bren said...

Sweet! Cute little blankies! Can't wait to hear the names!

L said...

You look so awesome!! Doesn't it feel like just yesterday we were blogging about our retrievals/transfers, hard to believe how much time has gone by. What a thoughtful husband you have, those blankets are adorable. Have a wonderful holiday!

Annie Gruetzmacher said...

One thing, I need clarification on why you cannot wear flats when pregnant! OH NO!