Background template

Friday, November 2, 2012

Getting to know me

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. 

I set myself a goal for this week to (a) seem less whiney (notice I said "seem" and not actually "be," ha!) and (b) blog about something other than the pregnancy, so you can imagine how thankful I was to receive this award the other day that provided me with automatic blog content!

I was tagged for this award by Amanda, with whom I have two important things in common: 
1. Our awesome first name, obviously
2. Our hatred for our reproductive systems (although hopefully she will SOON be celebrating good news of her own!)

Anyway, the point of this award is to answer 11 questions about yourself and then tag 11 people who meet the criteria above to answer 11 new questions. However, I am going to be lame and only comply with the first requirement... feel free to copy and answer these yourself!

Why did you start blogging?
Because I was newly married, unemployed, and BORED! Go read my first post as evidence.

What's your biggest pet peeve?
This question is sort of like asking a parent to pick a favorite child- how do I pick just one?! I guess I'll go with flakiness. I have a very hard time being understanding when people don't do what they say they are going to do, or when they back out/cancel at the last minute, especially when they come up with a lame excuse for doing so!

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Red, because it's my favorite color. Deep, huh?

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Italy; Brian and I had big plans to go there for our honeymoon but our bank accounts had other plans.

What's your favorite book?
Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation (I wish I was joking, but I'm not.)

What is the quirkiest thing about you?
Easy: the imaginary friends

If dreams always came true, how many kids would you want?
I think Brian and I would both be happy with three, but we'll have to wait and see how two at once goes and then we'll get back to you!

What is your greatest vice?
I foolishly asked my husband to help answer this question, and within seconds, he responded, "Your temper?" You can imagine how that one went over. But in fairness, it's probably true (especially at the moment), so I'll leave it.

What is your favorite thing about your husband?
I'm admittedly tempted to skip this one altogether after Brian's response to the question above :)

My favorite thing about Brian is his sense of humor. I also appreciate that he is patient, loving, etc., but his ability to make me laugh/smile when I'm sad, angry at the world, or just plain being too serious is invaluable!

What is your happiest childhood memory?
Going to Camp Davis every summer with my family! Allison wrote a post about it not too long ago.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you be?
Next door to Allison and Wade... don't judge our co-dependency.

So there you have it!

8 comments:

Erika said...

Red is your favorite color? Then WHY DIDN'T YOU COME TO UGA??? Think, woman!! Also: LOVE Eats, Shoots & Leaves!!!

the blogivers said...

I would gladly have you move in next door to replace the convict who punched her mom (although they seem to have reconciled because I saw them smoking together in the garage that they finally unpacked this week).

Amanda Greavu said...

I'll second Erika- you could all 4 move to Athens where we bleed Red & Black and every Saturday a WHOLE TOWN wheres your favorite color… that would solve 2 problems.

The Bird said...

Love the fun facts about you, Amanda! We would LOVE to go to Italy, too! Someday we'll make it there:)

Brittany Sciba said...

I love that your favorite book is Eats, Shoots, and Leaves. Did you know there are some children's versions? I used them in my class a lot!

Brittnie said...

OH my gosh I agree - how do you ever pick just one pet peeve? Ha!

You probable cringe when you read my blog. I kind of make up my own punctuation/grammar rules since I don't really remember what I learned in you know, high school. :)

Leah said...

My husband told me today that my two year old gets is dramatic because he gets it from me... He got some Leah-wrath. Poor Brian and Matt. :)

Annie Gruetzmacher said...

Does it make me lame to do this myself even if I never get tagged? Hahah