Background template

Monday, November 12, 2012

16 weeks

Ladies and gentlemen (ok, just ladies), we have a bump-date!



A few thoughts on this picture:
1. Please note the two little turkeys. Gobble gobble... also appropriate since I seem to be eating more these days (see "total weight gain" below).
2. In the last bump post I wore blue, so the fact that I wore pink in this one makes me feel like an equal opportunity mom.
3. The dress above was passed onto me by Allison, so if you like it, feel free to send any compliments her way. Apparently it pays to wait until after your sisters have had a combined total of 5 children before getting pregnant because you get to inherit all of their maternity clothes!

Moving along: I haven't done one of these surveys yet, but I thought it might be a helpful way to give you all of the highlights of the pregnancy thus far. So here you go.

How far along: 16 weeks and 1 day

Total weight gain: 6 pounds. In the first trimester, I gained 1 pound. In the second trimester (so, in the past 3 weeks), I have gained 5. Oops. I am actually fine with it because I think 6 pounds at 16 weeks is decent for a twin pregnancy, so I'll take it!

Maternity clothes: I can get away with wearing looser fitting tops but all of my pre-pregnancy pants are officially useless to me. Thanks to my aforementioned sisterly donations, I already have about 8 million maternity tops and a few maternity bottoms. I bought an extra pair of maternity work pants this weekend and (perhaps more importantly) a pair of maternity yoga/lounge pants.
        
Stretch marks: Not that I've noticed.

Sleep: I sleep fine for the most part, but typically wake up around 3 am to pee. I have also noticed that if I switch sides too suddenly, my uterus does not seem to like it.

Best moment this week: Getting to hear their heartbeats on Friday! 152 bpm and 140 bpm     

Miss anything: Sleeping on my stomach, regular consumption of turkey sandwiches without fear of listeria, and being comfortable in my clothes

Movement: Not yet... hopefully soon!

Food cravings: I still don't know that I would call them cravings, but the other day I did see a fruit snack that someone had dropped on the floor at work, which prompted me to visit SEVEN of our building's vending machines in search of a bag of fruit snacks. Sadly, I left empty-handed. Un-sadly, I bought a box at the store that afternoon.

Symptoms: I think I am already experiencing some round ligament pain (see above regarding my unhappy uterus when I switch sides while sleeping). I also feel like I've been hit by a truck around 4:30 pm every day and stumble around in a daze until I eat dinner around 6 pm. That's about it.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Strong smells make me queasy, and I still have a bad taste in my mouth after almost every time that I eat, but hopefully that will stop soon.

Happy or moody most of the time: Probably depends on who you ask :) I have been a little anxious in the past week or so, but I wouldn't necessarily say moody. I did throw a mini temper tantrum when Brian was attempting to take the picture posted above because I wasn't happy with his picture-taking skills... but that's not really unusual.

Have you started to show yet: You be the judge!

Boy or Girl: Or one of each? Not sure yet. BUT we will have our first ultrasound with the perinatologist this week (we'll be seeing him every 4 weeks to make sure the twins are growing at the same rate), so we MIGHT be able to find out. Fingers crossed (that their legs won't be)!

Looking forward to: See above. I am just so ready for them to have names, and to register and start working on the nursery!

11 comments:

Brittnie said...

I so remember that hit by a truck feeling that came late afternoon. I may or may not have gone out to my car at work, several times, to take a nap. Is that bad? I did not have an office with a door!

Love the bump pic!!

the blogivers said...

That dress is super cute! I will tell your sister how much I like it. Also, your office has 7 (or more) vending machines? No wonder H-town is one of the fattest cities!

Katy said...

You look so cute and happy!! Round ligament pain is the worst. Hope it gets better for you!

Erika said...

I totally love the dress. I was hoping it wasn't maternity and that maybe you'd let me borrow it for the rest of the pregnancy, but I guess not. Also, for the record, I normally gain at least 1 pound a week...just for no reason. So, you suck. And your building has SEVEN vending machines??!! How big is the building?!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute Amanda! I hope you get to find out their gender(s) soon!! :) -Rachel

Brenda said...

Super cute pic! Love all the stats... and now I'm craving fruit snacks for breakfast :)

Courtney Squillante said...

You look awesome!!

Brittany Sciba said...

You look beautiful!!! :) SO exciting that you might know this week!!! Eeeeek!

Joya Konieczny said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Angela said...

You look so great! Definitely a pretty preggo :) I also love your dress and am quite jealous of your maternity wardrobe. I hated maternity clothes. I'm glad you're doing this survey, too. I wish I'd done this with my babies.

Okay so now I'm going to be the annoying person giving you unsolicited advice, but hopefully it'll be helpful -- if you eat/drink lemon flavored things, it gets rid of the bad taste in your mouth. I had this issue when I was pregnant with Bradley (not Dallas...so maybe you're having two boys??) and was pretty far along by the time my doctor shared this piece of advice with me. Would've been nice to know all along.

And that's it. I promise to (maybe) never give you unsolicited pregnancy advice again...unless I think of something else helpful :) haha

Amanda McD said...

You look great! Please post an update more often!