Background template

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Graduation week update

Please pardon my sudden disappearance after enthusiastically announcing graduation week!

Thankfully the appointment on Tuesday went well and I was officially released from the fertility clinic. There were no tears, but there were hugs and promises of staying in touch, so basically it was not all that different from an actual graduation.

I intended to post an update on Wednesday but somehow this week I have stumbled into a Jessie Spano-like state of panic and I am too busy fretting about cleaning out the future nursery, finding adequate childcare after we both go back to work, and not having to take out a second loan on our house to be able to afford the diapers, wipes, and probably eventually formula that two babies will require. Oh, and then there is the time I’ve spent worrying about not eating enough leafy greens or getting 30 minutes of exercise every week, let alone every day.

I am sure that it’s normal to feel a little overwhelmed at this point, and I’m sure that it will pass. Or at least I hope so for the sake of my friends and family so that they don’t commit me to a mental institution before the babies arrive. I’m hoping I will feel a little less overwhelmed after meeting with the OB tomorrow because then I’ll at least have a better idea of what to expect as far as doctor’s visits go and he’ll be able to answer some of my questions.

Anyway, enough about me, let’s talk about the little ones:

Baby A was pretty lazy at this week’s ultrasound. Minus one little flurry of movement, he/she was mostly just chilling out (maxing, relaxing, all cool) and making him/herself at home. His/her heart rate was 147 bpm. Here’s a picture of baby A, presumably facing away from the picture.


Baby B had apparently been inhaling pixy stix or auditioning for the 2028 Olympic gymnastics team because homeboy/girl would not quit doing somersaults long enough to be photographed. Which is why I told my family he/she looked a little more like a deformed donkey than a baby this week. See?


His/her heart rate was 174 bpm, which didn’t surprise me given the high amount of physical activity going on.

They were measuring right on track at 11 weeks, 2 days (as of Tuesday), and I believe they are both about 1.5-2 inches long at this point. The fact that they will each be around 10 times that large before they make their debut terrifies me slightly, as I’m not quite sure how my body is going to make room for them both, but I suppose it will figure out a way.

We’ll be 12 weeks on Sunday, so I’m thinking about taking my first bump picture to celebrate. However, if I feel like the picture makes me look awkward or just plain fat, then I reserve the right to wait until I’m further along. :)

PS- If you didn't already see it, be sure to check out Allison's recent outfit post for a good laugh. Also, if you aren't already an official follower of her blog, you should be. She just needs 21 more followers to reach her goal of 200!

9 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Hmmmm sounds like a calm girl and a busy boy to me!!!!!! Congrats on graduating!!! :)

Amanda Greavu said...

YAY! Glad both babies are doing well! Congrats on graduating!

Bren said...

I love how they already have little personalities! Baby A is very photogenic and mellow, and Baby B is ready to hit the dance floor! So cute! Happy Graduation week!

Erika said...

Listen, there's no time for this gymnastics 2028 nonsense. You have twins, and God-willing, they'll be same-gendered so that they can be SYNCHRONIZED DIVERS. If they are boy/girl, it's pairs figure skating. Don't even waste time thinking about anything else.

the blogivers said...

I agree with Courtney. And I like Erika's angle - either way, figure out how to get them to be successful enough at something to allow you to retire early!

Brittany Sciba said...

I love seeing pictures of the babies!! :) based on the heartrates I think boy/girl again! Eeeeeek! CAN'T WAIT TO KNOW!!

Brittany Sciba said...

Also, it's absolutely amazing to me that you can already see A's ears! Or at least I think they are ears. Such a miracle!

The Bird said...

It is so fun to see them! How neat that they already have such different ways of being...do you think activity level in utero transfers after birth? I am excited to see if it does!

And I would love to see a 12 week photo of you, so please take one (and share it)! I bet you are adorable!!

On an unrelated note, I had a funny dream last night that you, Allison, and me (and our families which all consisted of 3 children) went camping together. Ha! It was very strange!

Amber Massey said...

I too have baby Olympics going on in my belly- 30 weeks along with two VERY active baby girls! Just wait until you can actually feel them do the baby jig- so fun.. Most
Of the time (not any fun at 3am, lol). Hang in there- twin baby pregnancy has been the best 8 months of my life!