Background template

Monday, September 24, 2012

This post brought to you courtesy of Sunday afternoon football

Thank you, everyone, for being just as excited we are about Friday's big announcement! It has been fun to hear/read/see everyone's reactions, which seems to range from squeals of excitement to a look of shock followed by nervous laughter- don't worry, we have experienced every emotion in between ourselves!

To answer a few lingering questions:

- Yes, we do plan to find out if they are boys, girls, or one of each. We have had people predict eery possible combination, so no predominant guess so far.

- No, we don't have names picked out yet, but we are working on it. Coming up with 3 different combinations is a little bit of a challenge, but obviously we have plenty of time.

- We still have not been given a concrete due date, and they were measuring a little bit ahead of schedule at our last appointment, so my safest guess is that they are due some time in April (which means they will share a birth month with my mom, Brian's dad, Brian's mom, and Davis!)

So that's that. I am still not feeling too bad for the most part, but my confusing relationship with food continues. I basically feel like I am dealing with constant indigestion, with a few moments of I-have-to-eat-right-now-or-I-will-die in between. Although generally as soon as I do eat following those moments, I feel uncomfortably full after just a few bites.

I have just 2-3 more appointments with the fertility clinic before I'll (finally!) be released to my OB (first appointment tentatively scheduled for October 12th). Apparently I will also get to stop taking the progesterone and estrogen supplements that week, which excites me almost as much as the fact that Needle Lady said that I can resume taking baths the following week. I am thinking about having a party because this occasion certainly merits a celebration, wouldn't you agree?

Oh, and yes, to clarify, I am still going to acupuncture once a week through the end of the first trimester. It's nice to have 20 minutes of forced relaxation each week, and it also seems to be keeping some of the notorious first trimester symptoms out of the way, so I'll take it!

Other than that, we are just carrying about life as normal, which at this time of year means that Brian is glued to the TV watching football while I mindlessly peruse the internet approximately 75% of the time. Fall is really productive at our house, as you can imagine.

Have a great week, peeps!

9 comments:

the blogivers said...

I don't see any problem with naming both of them Allison, regardless of genders... just saying.

Brittnie said...

Getting off of progesterone = total reason to party!

Erika said...

I think coming up with name combinations would be the most fun part, so feel free to ask if you need my professional opinion!!

Courtney Squillante said...

Ugh- I didn't even think about names! That's a LOT of names to come up with!

Amanda Greavu said...

a bath!!!!! you should certainly throw a party for that occasion! how wonderful!

happy naming!

Ali Nixon said...

I agree with your sister, but they could be "Allison" and "Alison."

Chrissy said...

I wish I could get off of progesterone! I just found out today that I have to switch from the gel to John giving me shots in my behind. Special.

Christian Srp said...

Name suggestions...
Allison & Amanda (family ties)
Brian & Craig (again, family ties)
Lisa & Jeff
Josh & Chelsea
Jennifer & Brandon
I think all of those have a nice ring to them! ;)
{Who did I forget?}

Brittany Sciba said...

I'm kind of obsessed with thinking of name combos for you... I brainstorm while I'm driving, walking, laying in bed at night! Whatever you choose will be PERFECT! :)