Background template

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I spoke too soon

So remember in yesterday's post when I said I was "still not feeling too bad"? Forget that I said that, because yesterday and today I have felt like total and complete crap!

What I assumed were allergies rolled onto the scene on Sunday and quickly escalated by yesterday morning to a cold. A cold that would be much more manageable if my nurse had given me any other remedy option besides Tylenol. Blah.

And I'm not sure if it was due to the congestion or drainage or what, but yesterday also marked the first day that I legitimately thought I was going to throw up. As in, a co-worker held my hair back while I walked with a trash can to the bathroom just in case I didn't make it. But much to my disappointment, I never actually threw up, which is about as frustrating as needing to sneeze but not actually being able to do it (which I also experienced a few times yesterday).

Anyway, believe it or not, the point of this post is not to whine, but rather to (a) provide further material with which to guilt trip the twins one day, and (b) satisfy any of you that were secretly hoping I would experience at least some of the first trimester misery. So there you go.

Also, if anyone has any natural cold remedy suggestions, please send them my way!

11 comments:

victoria said...

neti pot! works wonders.

the blogivers said...

Faker!

I mean, feel better soon!

Gillian said...

Definitely try the neti pot!! Amazing.. but be sure to use distilled water. Not tap water.. for safety reasons. Feel better!

hollie marie said...

My first trimester woes didn't start until I was about 8 weeks along. Hoping your yucky feelings are just transient! Bummer about the cold- I just did the fall allergy congestion/crud last week and it was a beast!

Katy said...

honey in hot water. yum!

The Bird said...

I just pinned this on pinterest:

http://nancyvienneau.com/blog/articles/home-remedy/

I haven't tried it yet, but I like all of the ingredients and I love spice! Hope you feel better!

Ideas for nausea: PSI bands (these helped me at home - could have been a placebo effect, though), Coka-Cola (in moderation, of course!), peppermint candies, lemonhead candies (or other sour things).

The Bird said...

Ugh. COCA-Cola. I need to proofread better:)

LEB said...

Ugh the second worst week of my first trimester has been when I had a bad head cold on top of the rest....i swear pregnancy kills the immune system! I hope the head cold goes by quickly!
The naseau and throwing up (or almost throwing up) I have no great answer to :/ hope you feel better soon!

Kate said...

Neti Pot, Neti Pot, Neti Pot! Seems gross / totally works / ends up becoming slightly addictive!

Ali Nixon said...

After 12 weeks you can take delsym...this is late...an hopefully you won't need that info for the future. I got bronchitis around 20 weeks. It sucked .

Ali Nixon said...

Alcohol free delsym