Background template

Friday, September 28, 2012

4 posts in one week - boo. yah.

Got to see the babies yesterday, and I am thankful to report that they are still looking good! Their heart rates were similar (Baby A at 178 bpm and Baby B at 170 bpm), and I got to see both of them wiggle around a little. Hard to believe that is happening inside of me without me feeling it!

Baby B is hanging out upside down at the moment, which I wouldn't think would be comfortable, but then again, I wouldn't think being stuck inside of a uterus with another person would be all that comfortable in general. Regardless, glad that they both seem to be happy and making themselves right at home!

A few things I have been doing less often lately:

1. Working out - remember how I used to work out 5-6 times a week? Now there isn't even a guarantee that I will work out 5-6 minutes per week. Initially this was because working out was not allowed after the IVF transfer, but since then it has mostly been because (a) I haven't been feeling great, (b) I don't feel like waking up early since I am not sleeping as well (refer to #2 below), or (c) I am just enjoying having an excuse not to.

I would like to get back into the routine of at least walking on a regular basis, and might even give prenatal yoga a try with a friend of mine, but for now, I will just try to enjoy being lazy.

2. Sleeping through the night - I think I have slept completely through the night maybe once since the IVF transfer. Sometimes I wake up because I have to pee, sometimes I wake up in a panic about what could potentially go wrong with the babies, and sometimes (lately) I just have to cough or blow my nose. The good news is that the sleep that I DO get is pretty solid, and typically filled with very strange dreams.

3. Eating chocolate - Actually, this goes for dessert in general. I am still just not all that interested in sweets, sadly. In fact, if given the choice between a bag of tortilla chips and a bowl of ice cream, I would definitely go for the tortilla chips. Of course, 5-6 bites in I would feel uncomfortably full and then hate myself for hours after that. Fun times.

A few things I have been doing more often lately:

1. Drinking Sprite/7UP - I drink a lot of water and it is typically my preferred beverage. But sometimes lately I am desperate for anything that will (a) help settle my stomach and (b) get rid of the gross taste in my mouth. The only downfall is that they are a little too sugary for my liking (see #3 above).

2. Eating cheese - No lie, there were 3 days last week where my primary source of protein for breakfast, lunch, and dinner came from various forms of cheese. If eating cheese is wrong, I don't want to be right. (PS - Related fact: If the twins are both boys, I legitimately want to name them Colby & Jack(son).)

3. Using exclamation points in my blog posts - Allison pointed this out, and I hate to admit it (because it happens so rarely), but she is right. I suppose it should come as no surprise, though, that my writing seems a little more enthusiastic when I'm writing about carrying 2 babies versus writing about my depressingly uncooperative ovaries. (!)

Stay tuned for more exciting updates!

10 comments:

Brittnie said...

Oh my gosh yes all I wanted while pregnant (and ALL I still want for that matter) was/is salty chips and salsa. Your current craving for chips, and lack of desire for sweets, probably means you are having girls and therefore they can grow up to be BFF with Clara. :)

the blogivers said...

You said, "I wouldn't think being stuck inside of a uterus with another person would be all that comfortable in general"... as if you've never done that before.

Courtney Squillante said...

Omg- Colby and Jack would be soooooo cute!!!! An I love this post!! :)

Brittany Sciba said...

Lovin all of the exclamation points! :)

Risa said...

I love all the exclamation points too! I loved ginger ale when I felt sick...it didn't seem quite as sugary. The corner store by our house didn't have any small bottles/cans of it so I had to just buy a 2-liter once.

Allena said...

You can buy these ginger chews and they are awesome for nausea. They sell them tons of places like Whole Foods type places. I sucked on them a lot in my pregnancy. And they taste pretty good too, so might help instead of the Sprite/7Up.

lo @ crazy ever after said...

I told my husband that I want to name a child Colbie. He said no. For two reasons. One, it's too close to Kobe (Bryant), who sucks in his book (alright then)...and because he used to make fun of a boy name Colby in school. They called him Cheese. I don't see what's wrong with that kind of nickname. I sorta like Cheese. Or maybe The Cheese. I say go for it. ;)

Also. An official congrats on your pregnancy. I haven't commented but have been cheering you along. :) This is big time!

Kate said...

High heart rates! GIRLS!

{How sick are you of people guessing the sex(es) already? Because I don't remember that being annoying AT ALL...}

The Days said...

You rock those exclamation points my friend. Love hearing about your BABIES!!!

Chiming in on the food advice:
Orange juice was my friend in the queasy days... really anything citrus for that matter.

You're going to be a MOMMA! I think about you guys everyday and can't help but smirk. :)

All Boxed Up said...

I am so happy to see the exclamation points in your writing. So happy for you and your little ones. Hope you feel better soon. They also make suckers that are great for morning sickness. My main craving while pregnant was Fast Breaks. I'm so enjoying reading about your journey through this precious time. Enjoy the ride.