Background template

Monday, August 6, 2012

Just call me Mother Hen


Well it's safe to say we had quite the eventful weekend! Let's start with the news you're all interested in:

The egg retrieval went well. We woke up bright and early at 6 am yesterday to make it to the clinic by 7 am. I was exhausted due to the fact that I was tossing and turning all night (in between completely rational nightmares about the egg retrieval failing and Brian forgetting to get a wheelchair to take me out to the car...), and feeling a little nauseous (most likely due to nerves), but otherwise just anxious to get the whole thing over with.

The procedure went well, and thanks to the anesthesia, I don't remember any of it! They were able to retrieve 11 eggs. I will be honest- I was a little disappointed when they told us this number because I had been hoping for more. BUT I have read that the average is 8-15, and the doctor assured me that this was a good number, so we are happy with it. Although it's too bad we couldn't have ended up with just one more, because as my SIL pointed out, then we would have had an even dozen eggs- ha!

We made it home by 10 am and other than feeling groggy and crampy, I really felt fine. Brian took good care of me as always, and I was able to spend the day resting on the couch.

As far as what's next: we should get a call tomorrow letting us know how many of the eggs were fertilized. They will watch them to see how many of the embryos mature, and depending on those results, we will do the embryo transfer (followed by two fun-filled days of bed rest) on either Wednesday or Friday of this week. EEEK!

For now, please pray for as many of the eggs to be fertilized as possible, and for as many of those eggs as possible to mature appropriately. And for us to stay sane in the meantime!

We aso had a great (albeit laid back) 5th anniversary, but I'll save that recap for the next post- stay tuned!

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

If 8-15 is normal, then you are smack dab in the middle of normal with 11, so congrats!

Erika said...

That's what I told her yesterday, Allison! Ummm...great update Amanda, but where's our twinsie picture? Don't be ashamed!!

Courtney Squillante said...

Yay!!!! 11 is a GREAT number of eggs!! Super excited for y'all!

Risa said...

Thanks for the update!! Praying for you guys!!!

Amanda McD said...

Woohoo! 11 eggs is 10 more than you need! :)

Praying!

LEB said...

so excited for you! I hope you get a great fertilization report!

The Bird said...

I LOVE this news!

Anonymous said...

Just had to share this with you: I watched a video on, My Infertility Diagnosis - Severe Vitamin D Deficiency. If you don't have enough vitamin D in your body, it could cause infertility problems. Check out the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SqXxXnpVho&feature=plcp