Background template

Friday, August 10, 2012

Today's the day!

Can you believe it? Because I certainly can't! I remember once upon a time when IVF seemed like the biggest, scariest 3 letters I had ever heard. IVF was what really old people with rotten ovaries or really rich and famous people who waited too long to start a family did in order to get pregnant. IVF was definitely not what normal, healthy 29-year-old couples did to get pregnant. Duh, all they had to do was go on vacation. Or have a drink. Or just relax.

But lo and behold, as He so often does, God had different plans for us, and here we are on transfer day. We are nervous. We are excited. We are overwhelmed. We are scared. We are hopeful.

We are also unbelievably thankful, both for the fact that this process has gone relatively smoothly (dare I say, even well?) so far, and for the fact that SO MANY people have reached out to us to let us know they have been praying for us and cheering us along.

Of course our biggest prayer today is for a successful transfer that results in a healthy pregnancy. Assuming all goes well today, I will spend the rest of the weekend on "strict bed rest," and in the coming weeks, will be going in to the clinic for bloodwork periodically to check my hormone levels.

To answer the biggest question: no, I don't know (yet) when "the" appointment will be, and most likely, I won't announce that appointment date to the world just in order to avoid any undue pressure. But you can rest assured that we will update you either way in a timely manner!

I'll try to check back in in the meantime while I'm busy pretending my brain is capable of processing any non-waiting-for-the-news thoughts, but no promises :)

That's all for now... happy transfer day to us and happy weekend to you all!

27 comments:

the blogivers said...

Happy Transfer Day!

Camille said...

Praying!!!

Katy said...

Thinking and praying for you today!!

Katie & Dave said...

Praying for you!

Ali Nixon said...

Praying for you!! And I'm an idiot, what is THE day? I'll pray for anonymous day I don't understand too. :)

The Edge's said...

Praying hard!!!

Courtney Squillante said...

Yay!!! Prayers!!!

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

New follower here - praying for a successful transfer today!

Amanda McD said...

Yay! Exciting day! Praying!

The Bird said...

Happy transfer day! I am so excited for you guys! Praying for a smooth transfer and healthy pregnancy!

Lenore said...

So excited for you! I am praying everything goes perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well today! -Rachel

Team Shep said...

Amanda - I found your blog recently through Allison's, and have been praying for you through this process. I have a really good feeling about it, and will be thinking about you in the upcoming weeks!

The Ledfords said...

As Team Shep also said Amanda, I found your blog through Allison's and have been praying for you these last couple months. Thank you for sharing your journey!

Erika said...

Holy crap, I sleep in a few hours and come to leave my comment and I'm like...#15??! That is terrible. I'm so ashamed. Anyway, love you, have been praying for you this morning, and can't wait to hear how everything went and how they transferred all 10 embryos, setting you up for a lifetime of fame and fortune!!!!!!!

Susan said...

New follower from sleepy Erika (see above!)! Wishing you a ton of sticky baby vibes. I've been in your shoes and I know the anxiety. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Amanda Greavu said...

I'm with Erika, here's to fame and fortune! In all seriousness, Happy Transfer Day! Praying for your family!

Brittany Sciba said...

WoHoo!!! So excited for you! Love you and praying for you today and always! :)

HoagsandKisses said...

Hooray for Transfer Day!!!
Praying that everything goes as smoothly as possible and can't wait to hear all about it! Sending lots of love and prayers!!!

Chrissy said...

Praying that everything went well today and that your happy baby news will be coming in just a matter of days now! :)

Sara said...

We're praying for y'all!!

Dana said...

We're praying for you too!!!

L said...

Hoping your transfer was awesome. Wish we could have a drink to celebrate, unfortunately I think that is frowned upon right now!!! Thinking of all of our little embryos over these next few days!

L said...

Hoping your transfer was awesome. Wish we could have a drink to celebrate, unfortunately I think that is frowned upon right now!!! Thinking of all of our little embryos over these next few days!

All Boxed Up said...

Praying and wishing you both the best!

The Armstrong Family said...

Thinking about you, Amanda, and praying for the Lord's perfect plan to bless your family!
Sally

Stephanie said...

Amanda,

I pray for you regularly, girl. I know I rarely see you anymore, but your "journey" is often in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't have a lot of time to check blogs these days, but I'm glad I did today! Will be praying extra hard for you and Brian.

May God bless you with a child soon!

Love,
Stephanie Dollahon