Background template

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Let the waiting begin

Contrary to popular belief, I did not die and/or fall off the face of the earth after our transfer on Friday, but I can see how it might have seemed that way, so forgive me for leaving you hanging :)

We are thankful to report that the transfer went well! We had two perfect (to us) little embryos transferred that are HOPEFULLY currently taking up residence in my uterus. Or in the words of the announcers from the Olympics, they are hopefully going to "stick their landing." Hysterical, I know.

We also found out that four additional embryos were able to be frozen, so out of the 10 that fertilized, 6 survived, which was also great news!

Anyway, allow me to briefly chronicle our transfer adventure via the following photos:

This is me in the waiting room... that look is supposed to communicate "I'm bored" as well as "OH MY WORD, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO LET ME PEE?!"

Brian, who was not being forced to sit for an hour with a disturbingly full bladder, was just plain bored. Do you like how he's wearing pink and blue? :)

Yep, these pictures never get old. And by the way, I promise that I do (on rare occasions) make normal faces when being photographed.

Ready for serious business, clearly

The lighting in this picture is a little terrifying, but I thought it was important to show one of both of us together.

Transfer complete! (I didn't take any pictures during the procedure. Sorry/you're welcome.)

Some sweet friends brought us dinner on Friday night which was delicious and greatly appreciated!

Those same sweet friends also got us DQ blizzards, mine being the largest possible size, obviously!

Some other sweet friends brought us this cute gift basket (not pictured: beer for Brian)- I think we could get used to this bed rest thing!

This little guy kept me company (very briefly) while I enjoyed being a bed-ridden prisoner. There are no more pictures of me after this because 3 days without a shower = not a very attractive look for me.

(Also not pictured: my sissy and parents, who came to visit/entertain us on Saturday!)

And yes, one more set of sweet friends brought us dinner on Sunday night. Please note that Brian prepared my plate, which might be why the mac&cheese to fruit ratio is a little skewed :)


So there you have it. I went back to work on Monday and we have since resumed life as normal, minus any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for yours truly, and plus some extra progesterone and estrogen supplements, also for yours truly. Fun times.

We appreciate your prayers while we wait- for peace, patience, and ample distractions :)

"I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope." - Psalm 130:5

9 comments:

Brittnie said...

I love that Brian wore pink and blue. . . and that y'all took pictures on transfer day. I failed to document via pictures on our day! Major fail.

Hope you ate all that macaroni because it looks way too delicious to just let it go to waste! Mac and cheese over fruit any day.

the blogivers said...

I should have brought you a piece of gum or something, just so my visit would have been worthy of photographing.

Erika said...

So I guess Brian is on Team Girl, huh? Or maybe he wants triplets with a 2 girl/1 boy split, judging on the stripe ratio. Your friends are all great cooks, apparently...lucky!!

Beth said...

So glad this attempt to check your blog was not in vain! Thanks for the update! I can't wait!

LEB said...

That's extra great news that 4 could be frozen!

Brittany Sciba said...

Love the pictures!! 4 embryos is a perfect number! Yay! Soooo excited! :)

Courtney Squillante said...

Great post! Love the pics and the news is great!!

The Bird said...

I love all of the pictures, especially your smiling eyes in the one after the transfer! Praying that the waiting passes quickly and that those little embryos "stick their landing" like gold medal champs!

Dana said...

You guys are so cute. Praying along with you for success!! Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us!
xoxo