Exciting news- our retrieval has been scheduled! I will do the trigger shot tonight and then we'll go in bright and early on Sunday morning for the procedure. We'll find out right away how many eggs were retrieved, and then we'll find out the following day how many were fertilized. The embryo transfer should be some time late next week.
It's funny to lump that all in a few short sentences because each of those steps are actually pretty monumental and there are no guarantees in this process! So I am trying really hard to tackle things one day at a time.
As you can imagine, this is consuming most of my brain space at the moment, so rather than attempt to string together anymore coherent thoughts, I will just throw out the latest prayer requests:
- The timing of the retrieval is working out really well because (a) it will allow us to celebrate our (5th!) anniversary tomorrow, and (b) I won't have to miss any work for it since it's on the weekend!
- We are so thankful that my ovaries have responded well so far and that my hormone levels have continued to progress as they are supposed to.
- I was expecting to feel sick or just out of sorts from all of the medicine, but really I have felt fine (minus the sack-of-potato-like ovaries, of course :)
- Perfect timing with the trigger shot and retrieval (it is highly unlikely that I would ovulate prematurely, but it is still a small fear in the back of my mind)
- A good number of eggs to be retrieved and then a good number of those eggs to be fertilized and then a good number of those fertilized eggs to mature and be ready for the transfer! (See what I mean about taking things one step at a time?!:)
That's all for now. I'll be sure to report back after the retrieval. For the millionth time, THANK YOU for caring enough to follow along with our story and even more so for continuing to lift us up in prayer.
Stay tuned for a special non-IVF post tomorrow in honor of our anniversary...