Background template

Friday, August 3, 2012

It's go time! (well... almost)

Exciting news- our retrieval has been scheduled! I will do the trigger shot tonight and then we'll go in bright and early on Sunday morning for the procedure. We'll find out right away how many eggs were retrieved, and then we'll find out the following day how many were fertilized. The embryo transfer should be some time late next week.

It's funny to lump that all in a few short sentences because each of those steps are actually pretty monumental and there are no guarantees in this process! So I am trying really hard to tackle things one day at a time.

As you can imagine, this is consuming most of my brain space at the moment, so rather than attempt to string together anymore coherent thoughts, I will just throw out the latest prayer requests:

PRAISES:
- The timing of the retrieval is working out really well because (a) it will allow us to celebrate our (5th!) anniversary tomorrow, and (b) I won't have to miss any work for it since it's on the weekend!
- We are so thankful that my ovaries have responded well so far and that my hormone levels have continued to progress as they are supposed to.
- I was expecting to feel sick or just out of sorts from all of the medicine, but really I have felt fine (minus the sack-of-potato-like ovaries, of course :)

REQUESTS:
- Perfect timing with the trigger shot and retrieval (it is highly unlikely that I would ovulate prematurely, but it is still a small fear in the back of my mind)
- A good number of eggs to be retrieved and then a good number of those eggs to be fertilized and then a good number of those fertilized eggs to mature and be ready for the transfer! (See what I mean about taking things one step at a time?!:)

That's all for now. I'll be sure to report back after the retrieval. For the millionth time, THANK YOU for caring enough to follow along with our story and even more so for continuing to lift us up in prayer.

Stay tuned for a special non-IVF post tomorrow in honor of our anniversary...

13 comments:

the blogivers said...

You should just listen to "Eye of the Tiger" non-stop for the next several days.

Brittnie said...

I remember having butterflies the entire day leading up to my trigger shot!! Lots of emotions wrapped into one! Rocking out to your IVF playlist is probably necessary!!

Leah said...

Praying for you. :)

Erika said...

Woohoo!!! I'll be praying for you whenever I'm conscious this weekend. :) So glad you will be able to celebrate your anniversary!! Make it a good one, since next year you'll have to be finding a babysitter and all (what a pain)...

Katy said...

Of course I am praying, but I am so thrilled for you that things are going well! I think I could actually hear excitment in your post today instead of discouragement. Keep staying positive (waaaaaay easier said than done, I know!) and we will too!! We are all behind you!

Courtney Squillante said...

Exciting!!!!

Angela said...

Praying for you!! And Happy Anniversary!

Amanda McD said...

Praying praying praying!!

The Bird said...

Continued prayers for you and Brian! So glad that you get to celebrate your anniversary pre-retrieval and that your hormones are doing what they are supposed to!

All Boxed Up said...

Happy Anniversary! Praying that God gives you one or two awesome and healthy anniversary presents that will arrive next spring:)

Brittany Sciba said...

Soooo excited for you and PRAYING! :)

LEB said...

Yay so happy it's all happening! You'll get so much neat info this weekend and next week and have an embryo in you soon!!! Lots of prayers your way! Have a happy anniversary too!

L said...

You made it!!!! Good luck with your retrieval and happy anniversary!!