Background template

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Five years

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12 (recited at our wedding)

Five years ago today, Brian and I said "I do." We had no idea what the next 5 years would have in store, but for better or worse, we agreed then and there to face it all together.

Brian was praying for our dinner after a particularly difficult day recently and said these words, "God, I thank you for my wife. I thank you that we get to share everything - the good and the bad."

A simple prayer, yes, but there is just so much truth to it. Obviously we are thankful for the opportunity to share the good parts of life, but in the latter half of our marriage, we have learned to be thankful that even in the darkest times, at least we are in it together.

Anyway, I won't ramble on any further because I know all you really want to see is pictures :) Like Allison and Wade, we also finally got a hold of the digital proofs of our wedding pictures from our photographer just recently. So even though you might have read the posts from our first anniversary, second anniversary, third anniversary, and fourth anniversary, hopefully these will still be new to you!

























Happy 5th anniversary, Brian! I love you!

6 comments:

Brittnie said...

I love the picture of you and your wedding party out in the street! These make me want to bust out our wedding album and reminisce. :)

the blogivers said...

Hooray! Happy anniversary!

Brian Joiner said...

Happy Anniversary to my beautiful and wonderful wife!

Erika said...

Happy Anniversary!!! LOVE the picture of yall walking back down the aisle, post I Do. I think that you should photoshop me into all the bridesmaids pics, though...not gonna lie, a little ticked to not see myself there with all of your besties...

Courtney Squillante said...

Happy anniversary! Love the pictures!

The Bird said...

Happy anniversary (1 day late)! Thinking of you today - praying that all goes well!