Background template

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Anniversary recap

Yes, the promised anniversary recap awaits, but FIRST I have some wonderful news to report: TEN of our eleven eggs were fertilized! So as of right now, we have ten embryos! They most likely will not all make it to the transfer, but we are still very encouraged by this number and are praising God for this outcome.

The transfer is scheduled for Friday. I won't have much to report on the IVF front before then (or likely after... especially during the 2 thrilling days of bed rest), so don't be alarmed if I stop providing regular updates.

Ok onto the anniversary:

I was feeling pretty uncomfortable by the end of last week, so when trying to plan the big day, we had to figure out something that (a) required minimal walking, (b) was not outdoors, and (c) was very inexpensive or free. As you can imagine, this limited our options a bit!

To start off the celebration, I made Brian a peach cobbler on Friday before he got home from work, which is actually what we served at our wedding in place of a groom's cake! We agreed not to do gifts this year, so that was technically the only thing I got him (besides 5 years of wedded bliss, of course :)

On Saturday morning, I was pleasantly surprised to receive breakfast in bed, courtesy of Chef Brian:


And this lovely bouquet was waiting for me when once I finally stumbled out of said bed:


We spent the rest of the morning lounging around, and because we (ok I) couldn't muster up the energy to shower and get dressed for the day, we opted to pick up lunch to go from Sandy McGee's. And because no anniversary would be complete without re-watching our wedding video, we took a break from watching the Olympics to enjoy a trip down memory lane while we ate.


That break didn't last long, however, because we basically spent the next 4 hours on the couch... yep, that's right, watching the Olympics. Here's documentation:


Apparently all of this excitement was too much for me, however, as evidenced by this picture Brian snapped of me while I was "resting my eyes." I'm not normally much of a napper, but I must have been pretty tired... can you blame me? Growing all of those eggs was a lot of work!


Eventually we did shower and make ourselves presentable in order to go out for an anniversary dinner (although I was admittedly tempted to convince Brian to order a pizza and stay home). The solo picture of me below is to provide proof that I was sporting THREE items of clothing/accessories that were associated with our wedding weekend. Any guesses as to which three they were?


We got to the restaurant at 6 pm and were a little surprised to learn that it would be a 1-1.5 hour wait, but thankfully this foxy guy (ok, and unlimited chips and salsa) were there to keep me company:


Here we are enjoying the wait together:


Our dinner was delicious, but I was even more impressed with the customer service. Not only did they offer us a free dessert for our anniversary, but they also took a picture of us with their own camera and even printed off a copy for us!  


And if that wasn't nice enough, our waiter also took a picture with our own camera (which isn't quite as fuzzy, thankfully):


So there you have it. Even though it was our most low key anniversary to date, it was also one of my favorites. Looking forward to many more, although ideally those in coming years will involve getting a babysitter!

8 comments:

Brittnie said...

Sandy McGees and Taste of Texas all in one day. Mouth watering right now. :) Love that dress too!

the blogivers said...

My guess on the clothing/accessories associated with your wedding weekend (assuming your wedding bands don't count): dress (bridesmaid's lunch), shoes (can't remember?), & earrings (can't remember). But you aren't sporting your awesome bandeau top tan this time ;)

Katy said...

Oh, I love Taste of Texas! We have the same picture from our anniversary a few years ago!

The Bird said...

Sounds like a perfect 5th anniversary! Lots of yummy food and time spent with your honey:)

And so awesome about TEN FERTILIZED EGGS!!

Courtney Squillante said...

Taste of Texasis a family favorite of ours!!!! Right down the street from us- I'm kinda disappointed you didn't want to stop by and spend your anniversary with us ;)

Erika said...

OK I'm going to guess dress (LOVE IT, btw...you look fab!!), earrings, and...I don't know about a 3rd. Could be shoes, but now I'm just copying Allison. Also, I looked at the menu for Taste of Texas and we definitely need to hit up that place next time we come visit-- looks delish!! You are such a cute little napper...truly a tragedy our bedrests are taking place so many miles apart!!

Brittany Sciba said...

Yay for TEN!! That's awesome! You look so pretty in your anniversary pics! Glad y'all had fun! :)

Bren said...

Hooray for ten little embryos!!! You and Brian are adorable! Happy 5 year Anniversary! Year #6 is going to be the best!!!