Background template

Friday, July 27, 2012

Updated prayer requests

Just a quick update:

I had my first follicle scan/bloodwork appointment on Wednesday. The scan showed that I have a lot of follicles (as usual), but none seem to be responding quite yet. The nurse assured me that this was normal because it's still early in the game, but I couldn't help but feel a little discouraged hearing that I had made pretty much no progress after 4 days of shots.

My estrogen level was also a little low, so the doctor increased the dosage of my meds and had me switch from getting the injections in my stomach to getting them in my arm. I had a lot of anxiety about this because, well, let's just say there is a lot more extra flesh on my stomach than on my arm! Fortunately, though, Brian once again worked his magic and the transition hasn't been as difficult as I was expecting.

All this to say, I have another appointment today and am hoping for at least some follicle growth AND increased estrogen levels. Prayers for both of these things are greatly appreciated!

Thanks, all!

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

Grow, follicles and estrogen, GROW!

Katy said...

Thanks for the update! I have been thinking/praying for you all week. Praying for you today at your appointment!

Justin*Tara*LucasWhite said...

Sending prayers for both!

LEB said...

Prayers you got good news today!