Background template

Monday, July 30, 2012

Trucking along

Thank you for your prayers- Friday's appointment was much better! The ultrasound showed a few follicles growing on my right ovary, but my left ovary is (a) lazy, and (b) apparently smaller than my right ovary, so there wasn't much happening on that side. That's ok, though, because there is still time for those follicles to catch up... the more, the merrier!

I thought you all might get a kick out of this: I asked the nurse if she knew why the doctor had me switch from doing the shots in my stomach to doing them in my arm instead. Her response? "Um, yeah, we thought that was kind of strange, too, because he normally only does that with really overweight patients..." Ha! Awesome.

They upped me to double the dosage of both of the meds (Gonal-F and Menopur, for those that are curious) after my appointment, so Brian has had all kinds of fun playing the role of pharmacist and nurse. Meanwhile, I have had all kinds of fun crying every time I've hung up the phone with the actual pharmacy after hearing what the cost of the additional medicine will be- yay! :)

And speaking of crying, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that all of this medicine has made me a little on the psychotic emotionally unstable side. I think I reached a new level of crazy on Thursday evening, but thankfully my brain caught up with my hormones and I have been able to reign it in for the most part since then... you know, minus the occasional rant about important issues like Brian using the wrong towel to dry his hands. I know, I know, I don't envy him either!

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll be sure to keep you posted, but prayers for continued follicle growth are appreciated!

5 comments:

the blogivers said...

I think the fact that you are doing something generally meant for obese people is a good sign - remember my Clomid dosage?!

Erika said...

Come on...you can't just tease us with "new levels of crazy" and not share stories! So wrong! Praying for that lazy, good for nuttin left ovary.

Chrissy said...

Grow follicles, grow!!!

LEB said...

Prayers for continued growth coming your way! If it makes you feel better a nurse friend of mine told me she was surprised I was told to do the injections in my stomach because she said often skinny people are told arms (she obviously still sees me as i was when i started college instead of me now)- so I think thats why he told you to do that :)

The Bird said...

Praying for you! Praying that those follicles GROW! Praying for Brian (who I am sure totally understands the emotions and knows he is a lucky, lucky man to be your husband!).