Background template

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lately

Occasionally, things happen in life with the Joiners that don't revolve around my ovaries. Hard to believe it, I know, but we do in fact go about our normal daily lives despite this dark cloud known as infertility that follows us around, down pouring raining on our parade from time to time.

Allow me to share a few pictures as proof:


Yep. That's me in a picture with a fire hydrant. But not just any fire hydrant. When I was in 7th grade, we were running "the mile" for PE, which basically involved running a lap around campus. As we neared the last 1/4 mile or so, I noticed an art class sitting on the curb, sketching pictures of some of the houses across the street.

Ok, let me be honest. I didn't take notice of the whole art class so much as I took notice of the cute boys in the class. And apparently I was so distracted that I ran directly into a fire hydrant.

It wasn't pretty, but it does, however, make for a fun story and a semi-amusing (though slightly traumatic) memory, so when my mom and sis and I took a quick trip to Dallas a few weeks ago, it was imperative that I go back to the scene of the crime.


Brian and I celebrated the 4th of July with friends and brought these bad boys for dessert. The good news is that they are from skinnytaste.com and were only 168 calories a piece! The bad news is that I ate two of them. And basically an entire tub of guacamole. Happy birthday, America!



There is not really any point to this picture but I thought it was too entertaining not to share. Buster was lounging on his blanket on the couch minding his own business when Brian decided to wrap the blanket around him. I just think this picture makes him look like a dramatic female soap opera star, don't you agree?


Brian and I went to see The Lion King musical on Sunday and it was amazing! I'm starting to regret leaving "Hakuna Matata" off of our IVF mix cd...

Baby Dinosaur has been the busiest of all with another jam-packed summer camp season just like last year. So far he has attended the following:

Chinese Food Camp - highlight: learning how to make orange peel chicken with the chefs at PF Chang's
Movie Camp - highlight: watching the "Indiana Jones" trilogy
Houston Dynamo (soccer) Camp - highlight:


Science Camp at the Museum of Natural Science - highlight: getting to learn about his ancestors
Lego Camp at Techno Chaos - highlight: making this:


This week he is brushing up on his baseball skills (as if he needs anymore practice!) at the Sugar Land Skeeters' Baseball Camp, and next week he is off to a Christian music camp lead by Toby Mac and Mandisa (can't wait to hear his rendition of the "Good Morning" song after that's finished).

Pretty soon after that, it will be time for him to get geared up to go back to school- 4th grade, here he comes!

So there you have it... life lately with the Joiners, the un-fertility edition :)

8 comments:

Erika said...

1) how many cute dresses do you own? why don't you mail some to me? 2) you are weak for only dominating 2 of those cookies. I could easily take out 5. 3) baby dinosaur's life is better than mine.

Brittnie said...

I agree with Erika. . . why are you not sharing the love and passing around your cute dresses for all of your readers to enjoy? I think I own one dress and it is not even cute. Or you can just go shopping with me. EIther will work.

the blogivers said...

Baby Dinosaur's life is better than EVERYONE'S, apparently!

Courtney Squillante said...

Ha!

Brittany Sciba said...

I love reading about the life of the Joiners! :)

Katy said...

Love the picture of Baby D at soccer camp! He looks like he is having a blast!

The Bird said...

Baby Dinosaur = so lucky! I would go to all of those! (Well, minus the sports ones because I am not athletic).

That picture of Buster made me giggle. So dramatic, indeed:)

Looks like a lot of neat stuff is going on this summer!

Kaitlyn said...

I've seen the Lion King 3 times! It is hands down the BEST production! I'm clearly in love with it!