Background template

Monday, July 9, 2012

Help a sister out

More specifically, help a sister-in-law out.

I am interrupting my regularly scheduled whining about infertility programming to ask for your assistance. My wonderful sis-in-law, Shannon, is in need of a job and has not had much luck in her search so far. My real life contacts haven't been of much assistance to her, so I figured I'd give my internet life contacts a try instead!

Here's the scoop:

1. She graduated last Fall from the greatest university in the world, Texas A&M (it's possible that I'm a little biased), and has been nannying ever since while job searching.
2. Her degree was in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Sciences.
3. She would ideally like a job in Houston.
4. She is interested in non-profits and ministry opportunities, but is really open to anything entry-level (besides sales/commission-based jobs and retail... though Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch do seem to be interested in her- ha!).
5. She is smart, detail-oriented, outgoing, responsible, and a quick learner. Oh, and she's pretty cute- see?

(That's her on the left, duh.)

SO if you/your husband/your friend/your dad/your dad's friend know of anything, please let me know and I would be happy to pass along her resume or contact info! Thanks!

Oh, and stay tuned later this week for a recap of the recent IVF playlist I created. Spoiler alert: There's a song on there by Ace of Base.

Happy Monday, peeps!

3 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Send me her resume! I'll pass it along to Anthony- he has lots of random business contacts, so maybe he'll know of something! Courtneysquillante@gmail.com

The Bird said...

Good luck to your SIL! I'll keep my ears open in case she is interested in moving to MN:)

Can't wait to see your new playlist. I love Ace of Base...I sang "Happy Nation" with a friend in the school talent show in third grade (seems random now but we thought it was SO COOL back then!).

Danny Greenawalt said...

Sorry, I can't help you, but my smart ass self wanted to make a comment about Amy Poehler being able to help you.

:)