Background template

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mid-week mish mash

Happy Wednesday, all! Hard to believe we only have one day of work behind us and yet the work week is magically halfway over... that's my kind of week!

I don't feel like stringing together paragraphs, so as a result, you get bullet points. Before you complain, just remember that beggars can't be choosers (this is where we pretend that you are begging for me to blog).

- In case you didn't already read about it, be sure to go read Allison's blog for a recap of our Memorial Day weekend in Austin. Have I ever mentioned how convenient it is to have someone else practically blogging on my behalf?

- Brian and I have been on the receiving end of a lot of thoughtful gestures lately... I think the post-failed-IUI support combined with early birthday gifts has just made me extra aware of just how fortunate we are to have so many supportive (and generous!) people in our life.

At the same time, it has also made me extra aware of how completely self-involved I have been for the past 2.5 years. I know, I know- it's understandable to be a little less emotionally available for others when all of your emotions are being consumed by something like infertility, but still! I don't mean to turn this into a negative, though, so let me just wrap this up by saying that it has motivated me to be more thoughtful, and for that I am thankful.

- In the world of infertility, we have had two minor setbacks in the past few days:

1. When I went in for my baseline ultrasound last week, they found two semi-sizeable cysts on my ovaries. However, according to my bloodwork, these cysts are not producing any hormones and are therefore considered inactive (or "lazy," as Allison calls them). This means that we can (and will) go ahead and proceed with the cycle, but it still makes me a little nervous. I would think a 25 mm cyst would be taking up precious real estate in my already polycystic ovaries, but the doctor doesn't seem concerned, so I'm trying not to be either.

2. We got a notice in the mail from our insurance company that they are denying coverage for the hysteroscopy I had back in April. Awesome. We are going to appeal the decision, but obviously there is no guarantee that we will be successful. It would be great if they deny our appeal because we were really racking our brains trying to figure out how to spend our extra cash- problem solved!

And on that note, let me share a passage that I was reminded of recently that I think is very fitting for our current season (and hopefully for yours, too!):

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

7 comments:

Erika said...

How have you failed to tell me about setback #2 yet? Bummer dude. Since I have only marginally more optimism right now than I did last night, I will not tell you how I REALLY feel about that situation, but I bet you can guess. Love you twinsie. Get excited for your bday present!!!!!!

Katy said...

Whoa. Since when are bullet points on a blog something to apologize for? Reason #1589 I will always be an obvious blog rookie.

That is pretty craptastic about the insurance company. Don't you just want to go to the secret office where they all sit around writing dumb letters like that and answering our phone calls and slap them all in the face? I wonder how many people you could slap in one full swoop....I say 10 if you line them up close enough.

Still praying :)

The Bird said...

Glad the doctor isn't worried about the cysts. With all of my own cystic fun I have never been told if mine are of the lazy or hormone producing variety. I didn't ever even think to ask about that. How can they tell?

About the insurance company: Ugh! They always seem to be so helpful when it comes to figuring out how to spend that extra cash! When they weren't going to cover my first pelvic ultrasound (and were going to charge like $960.00!) I called the doctor's office billing department and talked to them about how it was diagnostic and not a treatment. Even though we all know it was to help us figure out our infertility, I made a strong argument for PCOS and endometriosis being women's health issues, NOT just infertility issues. They resubmitted to insurance under another code and the cost was covered save like $45 (which was much better than almost a thousand!). Good luck, I hope your doctor's office and insurance is helpful in getting the hysteroscopy covered!

the blogivers said...

How does it make you feel that something inside your body is LAZY?

Brittnie said...

Dumb insurance!!! I hate that they don't cover something as important as infertility! Go figure. Keep fighting for it though!!

Bren said...

First of all, bullet points are mega efficient!
- Praying that those cysts scram fast.
- Cursing the insurance company that wastes so much money.
- Clinging to the hope in that scripture.

Chrissy said...

Blasted cysts!! Keep pushing with the insurance company. We have done multiple appeals on things before and eventually come out on top. Thanks for the update and I will pray that y'all keep feeling the love. Tomorrow is a pretty special day!! : )