Background template

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy (1st) 29th birthday to us!

On this day 29 years ago, Steve & Betsy Nelson headed into the hospital and prepared to meet their third baby - Courtney (if it was a girl) or Clark (if it was a boy). Imagine their surprise when, just one short minute after pulling out baby #1, the doctor announced that there was still another baby inside!


Yep, it's true, our parents had no idea during those 9 months that there were not one, but TWO babies growing in my mom's stomach (well, her uterus to be exact). Allison and I spent 9 months conspiring, sharing meals, and coming up with the ultimate inside joke, and it's safe to say we have been doing the same ever since.

It's hard to believe we are now embarking on our 30th year of life together, especially because we still behave more like we're embarking on our 13th :) We already exchanged gifts last weekend, and while I do hope she enjoys the present I got her, I always wish I could do more. Somehow a pair of earrings doesn't seem like a sufficient "thank you" to someone who has literally put up with me for my entire life!

So with that, sissy, allow me to share with you the list of the top 12 (your lucky number!) gifts I would buy you if I had all the money in the world:

1. An unlimited supply of caramel frappucinos (tall non-fat with whip and caramel drizzle, of course)


2. While I'm at it, your own barista that would NEVER screw up your order (or make you feel guilty about adding the whip and caramel drizzle)

3. A mute button for Rocky & Tucker (ok, and let's be honest, one for Davis while we're at it)


4. A weekly happy hour complete with chips, queso, strawberry margaritas, and all of your favorite people (myself included, obviously)


5. A shopping spree at Target

6. A weekly pedicure performed by an Asian woman who wants to discuss the significance of the mole under your eyebrow


7. A private jet that would alternate trips for us from Richmond to Austin to see each other every weekend

8. A thousand pounds of cookie dough for you to eat at your leisure (soooo it would last about two weeks or so?)


9. A babysitter that would come over every day between the end of Davis's second nap and Wade's arrival home from work



10. A week-long stay at Camp Davis (along with the rest of the family, of course)



11. A climate-controlled indoor park for you and Davis to play in, free of creepy strangers and nasty summer weather

12. A personal trainer to make up for #1, #4, and #8... sorry about that.


In the meantime, this (free) blog post will have to do. Happy 29th birthday, sissy! LYLAS!




11 comments:

Brittnie said...

Are you kidding??? Your mom had no idea she was having twins??? Holy cow!!

Y'all are the cutest sisters ever. Love that you are so close!

Oh, and number 4 sounds really nice. . . :)

Happy birthday!!

Erika said...

If you have all the money in the world, then you can go ahead and give ME all of these presents too...minus the babysitter, so with that savings you can throw in an on-call masseuse. Happy birthday to YOU, my long-lost other twin. I love you!!

the blogivers said...

While I don't appreciate that you are making MY birthday post for you look super lame, I certainly appreciate this post, and the thoughtful person that wrote it! HBD, Sissy!

The Bird said...

I am sure you hear this every time you share the story (so sorry for probably being annoying) but, Holy cow! That must have been quite the surprise to go home with 2 beautiful babies when only one was expected! I have read your sister's blog a few times and those gifts all sound perfect:) What a sweet post!

Happy birthday to YOU, Amanda!! Hope it is a great one!

Joya Konieczny said...

Aww - too sweet! Before our first ultrasound with Summer, I had hoped for twins and I can definitely say that was because of watching the two of you who make it look like so much fun. :) Happy birthday!!

LEB said...

I can't believe your parents didn't know they were having twins! That must have been quite the surprise! Happy Birthday to both of you!

Alli Preston said...

Which twin was the surprise?!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday to y'all!

Brittany Sciba said...

Great post! Happy birthday to two of my favorite friends! :) I totally can't picture you or Allison as a Courtney, by the way!

Courtney Squillante said...

Happy Birthday girls!! I must say, I LOOOVE the name choice pre-twins!!

Leah said...

I think it's funny that neither of you were named Courtney, and I also can't believe your parents didn't know you were twins -- sneaky sneaky!