It's hard to believe we are now embarking on our 30th year of life together, especially because we still behave more like we're embarking on our 13th :) We already exchanged gifts last weekend, and while I do hope she enjoys the present I got her, I always wish I could do more. Somehow a pair of earrings doesn't seem like a sufficient "thank you" to someone who has literally put up with me for my entire life!
So with that, sissy, allow me to share with you the list of the top 12 (your lucky number!) gifts I would buy you if I had all the money in the world:
1. An unlimited supply of caramel frappucinos (tall non-fat with whip and caramel drizzle, of course)
2. While I'm at it, your own barista that would NEVER screw up your order (or make you feel guilty about adding the whip and caramel drizzle)
3. A mute button for Rocky & Tucker (ok, and let's be honest, one for Davis while we're at it)
4. A weekly happy hour complete with chips, queso, strawberry margaritas, and all of your favorite people (myself included, obviously)
5. A shopping spree at Target
6. A weekly pedicure performed by an Asian woman who wants to discuss the significance of the mole under your eyebrow
7. A private jet that would alternate trips for us from Richmond to Austin to see each other every weekend
8. A thousand pounds of cookie dough for you to eat at your leisure (soooo it would last about two weeks or so?)
9. A babysitter that would come over every day between the end of Davis's second nap and Wade's arrival home from work
10. A week-long stay at Camp Davis (along with the rest of the family, of course)
11. A climate-controlled indoor park for you and Davis to play in, free of creepy strangers and nasty summer weather
12. A personal trainer to make up for #1, #4, and #8... sorry about that.
In the meantime, this (free) blog post will have to do. Happy 29th birthday, sissy! LYLAS!