Background template

Friday, April 27, 2012

Update/Prayers requested!

Greetings from Austin!

Ok so here's the rundown: Monday's, Wednesday's, and today's appointments have all gone fairly well. There are a couple of follicles developing (really one main follicle) on my right ovary, and my bloodwork and uterine lining look good.

The nurse called me around 4:30 this afternoon asking me to come in TOMORROW for one last follicle scan and bloodwork. This would have been no problem except for one tiny detail: I am currently sitting on Allison's & Wade's couch in Austin- approximately 2.5 hours away.

I asked her if there was any other option, but she said she would have to check with the doctor and call me back. She called back a few minutes later and told us that the doctor wants me to go ahead and continue with our shots tonight and tomorrow night, and then do the trigger shot on Sunday night.

From there, we will go in for an IUI on Monday AND again on Tuesday. For those that don't know, once I do the trigger shot, I will ovulate somewhere between 24-48 hours later, so we'll do the IUI 12 hours later and again 36 hours later in hopes of increasing our odds.

SO with all that said, I am going to try very hard not to beat myself up and second guess our decision not to go back for another appointment tomorrow. Please, please, please, PLEASE pray that this will not be an issue and that the timing with the trigger and IUI's will work out perfectly. And of course, that at least one follicle is able to get the job done.

I'll keep you posted eventually, but in the meantime, thanks for praying :)

10 comments:

Camille said...

Praying! God knew you had a trip planned - Trust in His timing.

Dana said...

I know I am horrible at leaving blog comments but wanted you to know that I read all your updates and continue to pray for you guys! Praying for peace and success! xoxo

Beth said...

Thanks for the update! This is in God's hands, your missing an extra follicle exam won't change His plan for you. (How Presbyterian is that?) Praying for y'all, your ovaries/eggs/etc!, Baby Joiner and a fun time with your fam celebrating your darling nephew!

Courtney Squillante said...

Definitely saying lots of prayers! I've been thinking of you all week- wondering how the tests have been going! Thanks for updating us- and I will be saying lots of prayers for you guys! Xoxo

Katy said...

Of course I am praying too!!

Jenni said...

Lots of prayers from North Carolina!!

Sara said...

I'm praying for y'all, Amanda!!!

The Bird said...

Thinking of you and praying for you! Hope this is a fun weekend celebrating your nephew's birthday with your family, too!

Leah said...

been keeping you in my prayers

Verna said...

Praying, praying, praying! All fingers and toes crossed for you!