Background template

Monday, February 13, 2012

This one actually required effort


That’s right, I’m doing two Monday survey posts in a row. Depending on how you feel about surveys, you’re welcome/I’m sorry.

I was tagged by my pal, Brittnie, and was more than happy to comply. Fun fact: I work with Brittnie’s father-in-law. When he found out about my fertility issues (yep, that’s right, everyone knows), he mentioned that his son and daughter-in-law were going through a similar struggle, and that she, too, had a blog. We swapped blog information and the rest is history!

Two other fun facts: (1) We accidentally met once at Freebirds when I recognized her from her pictures and chased her down in the parking lot. One day I hope to meet her on purpose :) (2) She is now pregnant with a baby girl!

Ok so let’s get the show on the road. First, here are the rules:

Rules For Bloggers: (you must repost these)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people! 

11 Random Things About Myself:
1. I use the same chapstick tube until it’s completely gone (rather than having multiple). The same goes for pens at work… I use one until it dies.
2. So strong is my love/need for dessert that sometimes I have a post-dessert dessert. For example, after I have chocolate pudding at night, I typically follow it up with a Hershey’s kiss.          
3. On a fairly regular basis, I dream that one of my contacts has somehow grown in size and is too big to fit into my eye… as in, it has grown to the size of a frisbee.          
4. I am ok with admitting that the primary reason for my joining both a sorority and the Junior League is that I knew my mom expected me to.           
5. Speaking of my mom, if I am ever complimented on something I’m wearing, 99% of the time it’s something she bought me.
6. If I ever When I get pregnant, I fully intend to invite Needle Lady to my baby shower.
7. I think doing my taxes is fun and sometimes I secretly wish I had been an Accountant.
8. October is my 2nd favorite month (with May, obviously, being my most favorite).          
9. I have already decided what I want to give up for Lent this year: Words with Friends. Trust me, it’s necessary.          
10. My lucky number is 13.          
11. I weigh myself on a weekly basis, and every single time I’m about to step on the scale, I legitimately pray for God to be merciful. Sad, I know… this is probably because of fact #2 above :)


1.       Describe yourself in 3 words.
I used to ask this questions in interviews and a guy actually responded once with “tall, dark, and handsome.” Barf. I would say loyal, persistent, and honest (to a fault!).

2.       What is your dream vacation?
Italy!

3.       Most adventurous/daring/risky thing you have done, in your opinion?
I went skinny dipping twice in high school, does that count? Other than that, I’m going to go with planting a church – definitely the most adventurous/daring/risky thing in my adult life!

4.       What brings you joy?
Friends and family (especially nieces and nephews)… and chocolate.

5.       If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life what three would you choose?
Peanut butter, chips/queso (I’m counting those as one because Allison said I could), and turkey sandwiches

6.       Describe your family growing up.
Growing up with my family was entertaining, to say the least. I’m the youngest (by one minute) of 4 kids – 3 girls and 1 boy. We also at one time had 20+ pets, thanks to my animal-loving brother, so as you can imagine, it was a full house. Miraculously, my parents are still married (40 years later)!

We had a pretty typical childhood- playing outside with friends, family vacations, and plenty of sibling fights about important things like who gets to sit in the front seat of the car. We also lived near most of our cousins/extended family (until we moved to Austin), so we were fortunate to grow up alongside them as well!

7.       Favorite way to spend a Saturday with nothing to do?
Morning run/walk with my pal, Katie, non-cereal breakfast with Brian, minimal errand-running, followed by dinner out (Mexican food, obviously), and dessert at home with Dateline on the tv

8.       Have you ever been hospitalized? If so - for what?
Nothing overnight, but I have gone to the hospital twice for stitches (both under the age of 10, so it’s been a while!).

9.       Three things you love about your spouse.
1 – He is an eternal optimist! Sometimes this drives me insane, but deep down, I appreciate his ability to always look on the bright side.
2 – He is funny! Making me laugh is no easy task, so the fact that he does it on such a regular basis is impressive.
3 – He takes care of me. I appreciate that he goes out of his way to make sure I’m happy, and I know that he would go to just about any length necessary to keep me that way :)

10.   Did you go to college and if so, what did you study?
Only to the greatest college in the world- Texas A&M University! I double majored in Spanish and International Studies, neither of which do I use on a regular basis. Oops.

11.   If you could have ANY job in the world what would it be? Think big people - sky is the limit here.
This is an easy one – a MOM! You would think this goal wouldn’t be such an easy one to attain, but you’d be wrong!

My questions for YOU:
1. If you had to have any one song play to announce your arrival whenever you walk into a room, which song would it be?
2. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? (Note: there is a correct answer to this question in my book, so answer carefully.)
3. What one thing is guaranteed to make you cry?
4. What do you do for a living? Did you grow up wanting to do this?
5. If you had to name your next (or first) child after a pet you’ve had during your life, which name would you pick?
6. What’s your favorite sport to play? And to watch?
7. What’s your pet peeve of the moment (because if you’re like me, they change from day to day)?
8. If you had to eat one thing for breakfast every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. How many glasses of water do you drink, on average, per day? Are you proud of this number?
10.What was your favorite grade in school growing up and why?
11. How many pairs of shoes (estimate) do you own?

Bloggers I tag for the above 11 questions:
1. Allison from the blogivers
2. Kelly from The Nelsons
3. Erika from something beautiful
4. Heather from The Durbin Diaries
5. Brittany from Reid All About It
6. Camille from Camille Rodriquez
7. Chrissy from The Year of the Cheeri-o
8. The Bird from Bird meets Bee
9. Kaimey from new every morning
10. Katie from Tales from the Hill's Country    
11. Amanda M. from The McDaniel Family
*And anyone else that wants to participate :) I tried to leave off any new mommies to spare you from having one more thing on your to do list, but feel free to join in anyway!   

5 comments:

Brittnie said...

Love reading your answers! Your dream about your contact cracked me up. :) Thanks for joining in the fun.

Ok - so when shall we get together? Weekdays or weekends better for you?

Have a good one!

the blogivers said...

Are you forgetting that someone already tagged me to do this same one a couple of weeks ago, dummy? I'll see if I can get my act together and fulfill my tag duties again this week. Also, a few comments:

1. Your ideal Saturday would end with Dateline? For real?
2. I have that same contact dream!
3. Will you do my taxes?

Risa said...

Noooo...don't give up WWF!!! I will be so sad without your constant game going!! But I understand...it's actually a really good idea that I might have to copy!!

Leah said...

I am so thankful that you did not tag me, but I am starring your post so I can come back and read it later. :)

Erika said...

I have that contact dream too! Crazy. Thanks for the tag...now I actually have to THINK about how to answer!